Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Just a rant about clothes

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:35 AM
  • 66 Replies
3 moms liked this

What is with the lack of appropriate attire for evening ware lately in certain sizes? I understand they are trying to cater to club kids but once you get past say a size 11 in adult they seem to get shorter and tighter or go the opposite direction and look like a short mumu with no form. For a country that is said to have such a high obesity problem, it would seem that there would be more availability in the big and tall range rather than trying to make a dress that is the size of a shirt. It is one thing if you wanted to dress that way but one should not be forced to do so from lack of anything appropriate. Also. given that for quite a few lines a size 12 is 2x it would seem that they would prefer larger women to be naked.

Do you think designers are out of touch with the general public?

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:57 AM
4 moms liked this

dont forget loud prints on all plus sized attire like us fat girls wanna wear a test pattern

stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Oh yes those are horrible too. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

dont forget loud prints on all plus sized attire like us fat girls wanna wear a test pattern

HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Yes. I find it hard to find shorts or skirts that are an appropriate length for me because (not pregnant) I'm anywhere from a 14 in girls to a 2 in women =\
stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Wow. I can imagine that is hard.

Quoting HIJKLM:

Yes. I find it hard to find shorts or skirts that are an appropriate length for me because (not pregnant) I'm anywhere from a 14 in girls to a 2 in women =\

frndlyfn
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I had the same problem when i was underweight.  Just because i wore a size 2 did not mean i wanted my butt hanging out of clothing.   There is only one designer i know of that does high fashion or evening type wear for plus size and it looks good rather than the oversized tents others do.

HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM
What bugs me is pretty soon here my DD will be in the same size. I already have to drop hems in her shorts or cut jeans into shorts just to make her clothes fit the school guidelines

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting HIJKLM:

stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:06 AM

My cousin was like that and her mother had absolute fits with the hems and lengths.

Quoting HIJKLM:

What bugs me is pretty soon here my DD will be in the same size. I already have to drop hems in her shorts or cut jeans into shorts just to make her clothes fit the school guidelines

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting HIJKLM:

HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this
It's really annoying because I hate sewing lol

Quoting stormcris:

My cousin was like that and her mother had absolute fits with the hems and lengths.

Quoting HIJKLM:

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting HIJKLM:

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:30 AM
6 moms liked this
I think it's hard to find any clothing that is in between the club age and middle age!
Mommabearbergh
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Its more about where you shop. Like for plus size women there is

Torrids
Ashlet Stewart
Pinupgirlcothing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)