Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What is with the lack of appropriate attire for evening ware lately in certain sizes? I understand they are trying to cater to club kids but once you get past say a size 11 in adult they seem to get shorter and tighter or go the opposite direction and look like a short mumu with no form. For a country that is said to have such a high obesity problem, it would seem that there would be more availability in the big and tall range rather than trying to make a dress that is the size of a shirt. It is one thing if you wanted to dress that way but one should not be forced to do so from lack of anything appropriate. Also. given that for quite a few lines a size 12 is 2x it would seem that they would prefer larger women to be naked.

Do you think designers are out of touch with the general public?

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Replies (61-66):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Dress Barn is usually wear I buy my suits for work. 

Quoting Woodbabe:

I googled the site yesterday before posting to make sure I had the name right and got distracted....ended up buying a $40 summer dress on sale for $12 after all the discounts! LOL

Quoting punky3175:

I buy my summer dresses there. I love them. I wish their sweater dresses weren't see through.

Quoting Woodbabe:

It definitely depends on the stores....When I hosted someone from Spain she was short and heavier and she loved Dress Barn! She bought so much stuff in there and was quite the happy camper! LOL

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM
So you don't attend weddings, funerals or any type of fancier events?

I'm most comfortable in jeans, but there are times and places where they are not appropriate.

Quoting Carpy:

My opinion.  If I can't wear jeans, I don't need to be there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Chico's :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Yes, I do but usually in jeans. Never substitute fashion for comfort.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

I'm most comfortable in jeans, but there are times and places where they are not appropriate.

Quoting Carpy:

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:10 PM
There are plenty of comfortable dressier pants. Honestly, I do believe there are times and places where jeans are NOT appropriate, and I think it shows a huge lack of respect to show up to those in jeans.

But that's me, do what you gotta do.

Quoting Carpy:

Yes, I do but usually in jeans. Never substitute fashion for comfort.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Quoting Carpy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fireangel5
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 6'1 so I have a hard time finding most things lol. I really hate shopping for clothes. I have long arms as well as a long torso, finding long sleeves or jackets that fit right is no easy task. I won't even start on pants. I should have learned to sew years ago. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN