Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mark Twain was 'Demon-Possessed'

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 27 Replies

Mark Twain was 'Demon-Possessed' Claims Pastor Kevin Swanson 

article image

Pastor Kevin Swanson appeared on the "TruNews" radio program with host Rick Wiles yesterday and claimed that Mark Twain was possessed by demons, but did not provide any actual proof.

Swanson was angry because Twain's book "Huckleberry Finn" portrayed Christians in the South of supporting slavery, which many actually did, notes RightWingWatch.org.

“Huckleberry Finn is a constant attack on the Christian church for its position on slavery in the Southern states. He mocks Christianity throughout and Huckleberry Finn is an atheist himself, who is abandoning the faith and then finding multiple reasons throughout his journey to oppose the Christian faith. He points out hypocrisy everywhere," said Swanson.

Swanson later attacked "Letters from the Earth," a book written by Twain, who was critical of the hypocrisy of Christianity in his writings as he was in life.

“Mark Twain himself I believe turned out to be demon-possessed at the end of his life, within three years of dying, he wrote Penning Letters from Satan to the Archangels and he instructed his daughter not to publish the book ever because it would get him into trouble. It was finally published in the 1960s and is one of the most acidic, horrific, evil books I think ever, ever written by any human being in the history of mankind," claimed Swanson.

While Twain was critical of religious hypocrisy, he also went to church services at a Presbyterian church and reportedly paid for a black man to go to a university and become a minister.

Source: RightWingWatch.org and Wikipedia.org

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KhloesMom2009
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Not for nothing, I can't prove what my ancestors intended to do or what they didn't intend to do.

what a dumbass

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM

LOL

rfurlongg
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Ok then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this
The church is killing itself off....
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Quote:

Finn is an atheist himself, who is abandoning the faith
How judgmental of him. Some people like to cling to common sense and logic.
lga1965
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Yah, sure, you betcha.

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM
3 moms liked this
How does one confirm demon possession? Mark twain is one of my favorite quotable quote types. :-) Also, not sure why the article had to close with his church-related activities as defense; or does even right wing watch not want to rock the boat with the possibility of a godless man of influence?
RoryPond
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this
He wrote some good satire about the church and Bible stories, this guy just has a big stick up his butt, I'm pretty sure if there was some huge conspiracy to cover up demon possession I would know about it, seeing as I'm his great great niece
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Kevin Swanson is a-hole possessed, by himself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN