Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ads For Positive Pregnancy Tests Appearing On Craigslist, Prices in $25 - $30 Range

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 16 Replies

Ads For Positive Pregnancy Tests Appearing On Craigslist, Prices in $25 - $30 Range

article image

Ladies! Are you frustrated because the man of your dreams refuses to pop the question? Then why not give him a little encouragement by handing him a positive pregnancy test? That should do the trick.

Is that scenario being played out across the country in recent months? Or perhaps there is some other sinister explanation for the latest odd online trend: women who sell their positive pregnancy texts on Craigslist.

One ad placed by a woman (at least, presumably by a woman), on Chicago’s Craigslist features a picture of a test device with two red lines, a price tag of $30 and the text, “Yes, you saw that right! I am selling positive pregnancy tests! Ever since I became pregnant, I have been asked numerous times for a positive test, so I decided to start charging for it! I will take the test the same day you want to pick it up! I dont care what you use it for, not my business! ;)” (Typos and emoticon in original ad.)

An ad with the same text was also spotted on the Buffalo, N.Y., Craigslist by the author of the blog Sleepless in Midland. The Buffalo version let the positive test go for a mere 25 bucks.

The blogger, intrigued, searched for similar ads and found one in the Central New Jersey Craigslist which credited “the lady in Buffalo” for coming up with the idea.

The blog also found one in Dallas, placed by a man who wrote, “So my gf is pregnant and we need a few extra bucks for the baby.” Like most other ads in this genre, the advertiser promises no questions will be asked about the buyer’s use of the test.

Writing on the web site Daily Dot, Audra Schroeder found yet more ads for positive pregnancy tests. In one case, a woman wrote that she was seeking to purchase a positive test to use as revenge on her husband who cheated on her wit his office receptionist, who then became pregnant.

Schroder also found an ad for a negative test, placed by “a dude” who declared, “I can’t get pregnant!”

SOURCES: Daily Dot, Sleepless in Midland, Craigslist, Kiss 107

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Louweezymarie
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:32 PM

My sister did that with a pic of mine when I found out I was having my son. Shady, shady shit.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I just can't believe there are THAT many women out there who needs something like this!

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Lol, right? There's a market for this?!

Quoting IhartU:

I just can't believe there are THAT many women out there who needs something like this!

housewifehell
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 4:51 PM

This kind of crap is a part of why men dont trust women when they claim to be pregnant a lot of the time. It happens more than people want to believe hell I know a woman who wanted to get medicaid so she got some pee from her friend and went to the Dr office and got proof of pregnancy just so she could get on medicaid and once "she had a miscarriage" (what she told the medicaid office) she was still on Medicaid for like a year and a half.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

*snicker* Just sent this to my sister asking if she wanted to make some extra money! LOL

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:03 PM
:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collectivecow
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM

What.the.heck.

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, that is truly pathetic. 

JanetMonroe1991
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:45 PM

So sad. 

JackandJayne
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Even WORSE when women deliberately get pregnant thinking it'll keep him around. Aaaaannnnd now you're a single mom, way to go. Insane.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)