Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Supernatural moms!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 36 Replies
7 moms liked this

As many of you know, my youngest just started at Pepperdine this fall. I received an excited call from him this morning telling me that he went to mass at the local Catholic church and Jensen Ackles was there. He approached him after mass and told him he was a big fan and could he shake his hand. Ackles was extremely nice, talked to him for a few, shook his hand and took a pic with him. I think I was as excited as he was :)

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlekD
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I didn't know he is Catholic. :D
rfurlongg
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Quoting AlekD:

I didn't know he is Catholic. :D

Neither did I. I am a bit surprised.

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I knew he was Christian. Maybe his wife is Catholic

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Jensen is very down to earth and treats his fans with respect, unlike some other superstars who think they are too good to give any time to the people who helped put them where they are today. 

As for the Catholic question, his wife is Catholic. So he's probably attending with her. 

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I am really not one for bothering celebrities when they are not "working" but my son said he was polite and approached him and told him he was a fan and asked to shake his hand. He said Ackles was really nice and friendly and offered to take the pic.  My son is thrilled!

Quoting cjsbmom:

Jensen is very down to earth and treats his fans with respect, unlike some other superstars who think they are too good to give any time to the people who helped put them where they are today. 

As for the Catholic question, his wife is Catholic. So he's probably attending with her. 

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Meh, I think it comes with the territory, so I wouldn't feel too badly about it. I bet he'd find it more annoying if your son had been a young woman groupy trying to hang on him. Sounds like your son was very respectful.

I wonder if your son was the only one who recognized him. Probably most people would never expect him to be attending a mass. LOL

Quoting fireangel5:

I am really not one for bothering celebrities when they are not "working" but my son said he was polite and approached him and told him he was a fan and asked to shake his hand. He said Ackles was really nice and friendly and offered to take the pic.  My son is thrilled!

Quoting cjsbmom:

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I'm not sure. This was my son's first time at this church. He was happy with the school up until this morning, now I don't know if I'll ever get him to come back home lol. His first brush with someone famous. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

Meh, I think it comes with the territory, so I wouldn't feel too badly about it. I bet he'd find it more annoying if your son had been a young woman groupy trying to hang on him. Sounds like your son was very respectful.

I wonder if your son was the only one who recognized him. Probably most people would never expect him to be attending a mass. LOL

Quoting fireangel5:

Quoting cjsbmom:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Green eyed jealous and drooly wrapped in one. There aren't a lot of people who would make me starstruck, but he is one of them.
rugratsmommy4
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Must admit....I'm quite jealous
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
awesome sauce
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)