Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

High School Boys Report They Were Brutally Raped at Sports Camp

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 10 Replies

High School Boys Report They Were Brutally Raped at Sports Camp

by Cynthia Dermody

soccer camp assault

Three high schoolers attending a pre-season boys sports camp have been charged with breaking into a cabin and raping three younger freshmen soccer players. What could have possibly possessed these boys to perpetrate such a disgusting crime against three young boys -- who from the sounds of things were members of their own team! -- is hard to portion out.

You hear about some of the brutal hazing rituals that surround high school and college sports all the time, and if that's what this was, it's truly sickening. It sends chills down the spines of all parents who have just sent their kids back to school and into sports programs or who are doing so this week. 

The sports camp, located in Western Massachusetts, was a pre-season retreat for members of the Somerville High School soccer team. The alleged crime occurred last weekend, but came to light on Tuesday, leading to the arrest of 17-year-old Galileo Mondol and two 16-year-old juveniles. A "dangerous" weapon was involved, according to reports.

Mondol and his two alleged accomplices are being arraigned this week. If this is true, how they could think they could get away with something like this and not ruin their lives, and the lives of others, is beyond me. Hope the judge on this case is a tough one.

What should happen to these boys if proven guilty?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
codfish
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this
They should be charged with rape, just as anyone else would be. Why should they get a lighter punishment just because it was at camp?! This is why my kids aren't allowed to do things like this unless my dh or I are chaperones. I know things could still happen, but I wont let my son go camping with scouts or our daughter with anyone. I am just to untrusting of people.
rfurlongg
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
They should receive the full punishment allowed under the law.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM
They should go to court they should be charged if found guilty , they should be throw ln with the general population
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I don't really see where there is a question here.

Are you suggesting they should receive a different consequence/sentence (when convicted) because this is a same gender rape?

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, but this is a bit of a dullard piece.

But this is kind of funny in a very sick way - What could have possibly possessed these boys to perpetrate such a disgusting crime against three young boys -- who from the sounds of things were members of their own team! -- is hard to portion out.

OMG they were on the SAME TEAM?  Oh, that just makes rape so much worse.  Raped by the members of their own team!  What should happen if they are proven guilty???

Nicoleb9
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Every time I see this kind of instance of multiple people in a group raping people, my mind goes straight into logistical mode. Why? Because here's a fairly small group of people and at least three of them are depraved enough to rape. Says a lot out the human species and how many among us are this sick. Scary, scary, scary.

Throw the book at them many times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this
This. What the heck happened to putting someone's hand in warm water while they are sleeping so they might pee themselves. How in the world do 3 teens sit around and think up raping the younger kids on their team with a dangerous object.

Quoting rfurlongg:

They should receive the full punishment allowed under the law.
boys2men2soon
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM

They committed rape and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

KhloesMom2009
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
This story is disgusting and gruesome. I want those rapists to go to jail and get some professional help while they're in prison.
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:31 PM

"hard to portion out" 

What a bizzare choice of words. The Stir strikes again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN