red lobster, waitressDo not come between a woman and her dinner. Three defendants have been named in a case where a Red Lobster waitress found herself on the receiving end of a major beat-down. That's right -- a poor, innocent waitress just doing her job was attacked by her customers. What did she do to make them think violence was an option? She brought them broiled fish instead of fried fish. That's right: the order was wrong.

The craziest part of this story (and there are many crazy parts) isn't even that such a large group of women decided to assault the waitress for a harmless oversight. It's that they didn't even beat up the waitress who was responsible for taking their order! 

The victim, Heather Frink, actually thought she had the whole situation solved. She was on her way to ask about comping the meals of the entire dinner party because of the mix-up when one of the defendants called her a name. Heather turned around to confront the customer and she was attacked. The whole thing was captured on video and went viral.

I'm sorry but what possessed these people to react this way? I have a hard enough time gathering up the courage to send food back even if it's not what I ordered. I can't imagine going full-on berserk at a waitress. Servers have to deal with awful customers more and more lately, it seems. The food industry is a high-stress place -- but could that stress be leaking out of the kitchen and impacting diners? 

One assailant, Ania Wilkes, has already been found guilty of felony assault and mob action. With that in mind, it doesn't look good for the new defendants, Denise McNeal, Lareka McNeal, and Diane Ryland.  

How far would you go to correct an order in a restaurant?