Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

You Have a Problem With People Thanking God?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Pam
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

McCain Blasts Fox’s Islamophobia: Would You Have A Problem With An American Saying ‘Thank God?’

By Igor Volsky on September 3, 2013 at 9:08 am

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) blasted Fox News host Brian Kilmeade for linking a commonly-used Arabic phrase to terrorism, during an appearance to bolster his case for a strong military response to Syria President Bashar Assad’s alleged use of chemical weapons. The Arizona senator has long called on the Obama administration to arm the rebels fighting the Assad regime and is pressing Congress to adopt an broad-based use of force resolution.

On Tuesday, Kilmeade pushed back against McCain’s requests by arguing that American weapons could flow to extremists or terrorists in the region linked to Al Qaeda. He then played video of rockets slamming into government-held districts in the central Syrian city of Homs and pointed to opposition group members chanting “Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar” as the rockets hit, implying that a reference to the Arab word, which is mainly used by Muslims to refer to God in Islam, betrayed ties to terrorism.

“I have a problem helping those people screaming that after a hit,” he proclaimed. Watch it:

“Would you have a problem with an American person saying ‘thank God? Thank God?’” McCain asked, clearly irritated. “That’s what they’re saying. Come on! Of course they’re Muslims, but they’re moderates and I guarantee you they are moderates.” Kilmeade didn’t respond to McCain and quickly moved on with the interview.

Tags:

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tscritch
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM
15 moms liked this

I like McCain. If only he would have stayed true to himself when running for President (oh, and not picked Palin).

Mommabearbergh
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Why did you pick such a dumbass for Vice President. I like what he said.
PamR
by Pam on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
4 moms liked this

Every now and then John McCain will surprise you. 

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Oh my gosh! Exactly this!

Quoting tscritch:

I like McCain. If only he would have stayed true to himself when running for President (oh, and not picked Palin).

MsDenuninani
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Good, McCain.  That was the right thing to say.

rfurlongg
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Well said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
McCain can guarantee they are moderates? Strange how the focus is on Kilmeade comment instead of McCain's....
Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Touché, McCain...touché. Of course, the deflections and screams of RINO are sure to follow your common sense point.
candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad you said it before I did.   He needs to retire.

Quoting Luvnlogic:

Touché, McCain...touché. Of course, the deflections and screams of RINO are sure to follow your common sense point.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for him. Common sense aint so common anymore.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)