Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

OBAMA REFERS TO U.S. ARMED FORCES AS ‘MY MILITARY’; TWITTER USERS GO JUST A TAD BALLISTIC

Posted by   + Show Post

In case you missed it, President Obama referred to the United States armed forces as “my military” during a statement to the media regarding the Syrian crisis Friday.

“But as I’ve already said,” Obama noted, “I have had my military and our team look at a wide range of options.”

And Twitter users went and got themselves into a bit of a twist:

Obama Refers to U.S. Armed Forces as My Military; Twitter Users Go Just a Tad Ballistic

(Credit: Twitter via Twitchy)

Obama Refers to U.S. Armed Forces as My Military; Twitter Users Go Just a Tad Ballistic

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM
4 moms liked this

I do not like Obama, but this is really not worth getting upset about

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Quoting lizzielouaf:

LOL I can not believe people are up in arms about this! Everyone settle down.

I'm sure MSNBC will be whining about this much in the same way they whined about people not addressing Obama as "President" Obama.....
SyllabaryBisque
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Hell, I'm not an Obama fan by any means (I think Bush is precious, actually), but he IS the Commander-In-Chief of the United States military. So yeah, I think he gets to say that... And I highly doubt he's the first either...

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM
6 moms liked this

There's so much to be concerned about re OUR military at the moment I am not about to get upset because the president of the US said MY military in lieu of OUR. This is extremely childish.

Quoting Peanutx3:

Other presidents have referred to the military as "my military"

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't give a shit about MSNBC.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

LOL I can not believe people are up in arms about this! Everyone settle down.

I'm sure MSNBC will be whining about this much in the same way they whined about people not addressing Obama as "President" Obama.....

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM
3 moms liked this
The horror...........
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pansyprincess
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't get it ... I refer to my staff members as my staff ... even though I don't pay their paycheck, my company does.  People will find ridiculous things to get upset over. 

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
5 moms liked this

IMPEACH! IMPEACH!

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
4 moms liked this

If anything I prefer Obama thinks about the service members as his, his sons and daughters, because then maybe he'll think long and hard about putting HIS military in harms way of this Syria crap. 

lga1965
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this

HE IS the CIC of the military, get it? these tweets are from jerks who don't like the President. Who cares what some mental midgets tweet? I don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN