Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

OBAMA REFERS TO U.S. ARMED FORCES AS ‘MY MILITARY’; TWITTER USERS GO JUST A TAD BALLISTIC

Posted by   + Show Post

In case you missed it, President Obama referred to the United States armed forces as “my military” during a statement to the media regarding the Syrian crisis Friday.

“But as I’ve already said,” Obama noted, “I have had my military and our team look at a wide range of options.”

And Twitter users went and got themselves into a bit of a twist:

Obama Refers to U.S. Armed Forces as My Military; Twitter Users Go Just a Tad Ballistic

(Credit: Twitter via Twitchy)

Obama Refers to U.S. Armed Forces as My Military; Twitter Users Go Just a Tad Ballistic

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Replies (151-158):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Oh the pettiness.. Twitter and Facebook, a place for the sheep to congregate and show the world what degenerates we have.

stormcris
by Christy on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Because

But

Yes I am done with it now. None directed at the OP or anyone else on this board just at Twitter in general.

joey125
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:55 AM

He is after all the commander in chief , therefore it is his military

susannah2000
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

He is the Commander in Chief. It is his military. But this is just more for people who hate Obama to obsess over.

candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Well, maybe if he actually cared about them.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

If anything I prefer Obama thinks about the service members as his, his sons and daughters, because then maybe he'll think long and hard about putting HIS military in harms way of this Syria crap. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM

He wouldn't be the first politician I wondered if s/he cared about our soldiers, or the last. I have a lot of doubts how much they think about "our" military before they make decisions. 

Quoting candlegal:

Well, maybe if he actually cared about them.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

If anything I prefer Obama thinks about the service members as his, his sons and daughters, because then maybe he'll think long and hard about putting HIS military in harms way of this Syria crap. 

Irish_mama_2011
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Prejudice against what exactly? Are you seriously trying to play the race card here? Pathetic. I didn't mean people like you as in black people, I simply meant liberal democrats, get over yourself.

Quoting lga1965:

That was a TYPO.
And your prejudice is showing, glaringly.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

Neither, were you brainwashed? I don't see how my comment is idiotic, but yours isn't, especially when you can't even spell a 3 letter word correctly. People like you think people like me are ignorant and yet you're the one who starts the childish insults.

Quoting lga1965:

thats just idiotic. Are you on drugs or did tbe doctor drop you on your head when you were born ?

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

He's a dictator, why does this surprise everyone so much?

lga1965
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Your prejudice against Democrats and/or Liberals is so extreme that you labled the President " a dictator". And you erroneously labled ME as a Liberal. That shows how clueless you are.I am a moderate, a white scandinavian moderate who can be quite conservative when it comes to sex, being faithful to one person, not having children until marriage and respect for family.I am also pro choice and in favor of same sex marriage because everyone who is in love deserves to be happy . And I am disgusted when people are disrespectful toward the President and lie about him.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

Prejudice against what exactly? Are you seriously trying to play the race card here? Pathetic. I didn't mean people like you as in black people, I simply meant liberal democrats, get over yourself.

Quoting lga1965:

That was a TYPO.
And your prejudice is showing, glaringly.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

Neither, were you brainwashed? I don't see how my comment is idiotic, but yours isn't, especially when you can't even spell a 3 letter word correctly. People like you think people like me are ignorant and yet you're the one who starts the childish insults.

Quoting lga1965:

thats just idiotic. Are you on drugs or did tbe doctor drop you on your head when you were born ?

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

He's a dictator, why does this surprise everyone so much?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)