Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OBAMA REFERS TO U.S. ARMED FORCES AS ‘MY MILITARY’; TWITTER USERS GO JUST A TAD BALLISTIC

Posted by   + Show Post

In case you missed it, President Obama referred to the United States armed forces as “my military” during a statement to the media regarding the Syrian crisis Friday.

“But as I’ve already said,” Obama noted, “I have had my military and our team look at a wide range of options.”

And Twitter users went and got themselves into a bit of a twist:

Obama Refers to U.S. Armed Forces as My Military; Twitter Users Go Just a Tad Ballistic

(Credit: Twitter via Twitchy)

Obama Refers to U.S. Armed Forces as My Military; Twitter Users Go Just a Tad Ballistic

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Replies (41-50):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM
3 moms liked this

What is more scary is how many people are upset because he "misspoke". 

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Kind of scary how so many can't just acknowledge Obama mis-spoke.....
Quoting tanyainmizzou:

What is ignorant about believing he was wrong to say "My military?"

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Right wing twits tweeting their ignorance

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

What if he didn't? What if he really meant to call them his military? Either way, I don't give two shits. It's not something to get all riled up about. Some people really need to get a life and stop freaking out about every little thing that man does. 

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Kind of scary how so many can't just acknowledge Obama mis-spoke.....
Quoting tanyainmizzou:

What is ignorant about believing he was wrong to say "My military?"

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally I just don't care...

Eh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I am *so* stealing your rat's ass for future use. That is awesome. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

So my hubby is a Marine and he says "he was never enlisted so it isn't "his" military... The military is for the US people not the President's personal use. However, this is something so small to get so worked up over. Move on."

I get that viewpoint, I really do. However, we've had 13 presidents who never served in the military. John Adams, Franklin Roosevelt, Bill Clinton. It's just because it's Obama that these people are freaking out. It's silly and not worth making a fuss over. Either he misspoke, or he truly intended to say it. Either way, I seriously have more important things to worry about. 

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this

BUT, he is in charge. He is the Commandor in Chief. Think of it this way: Someone who is in charge of a department in an accountng office has 20 people working for him and he says "They are my staff". This is the same. Obama is in charge.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

So my hubby is a Marine and he says "he was never enlisted so it isn't "his" military... The military is for the US people not the President's personal use. However, this is something so small to get so worked up over. Move on."

greenie63
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

It's probably lingo world leaders use. Big deal. The right wing going bonkers over nothing. 

greenie63
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Gee did his predecessor have problems with semantics? Maybe Freudian slips? Let's take a look....

MsDenuninani
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Sometimes it feels like in this day and age of social media, EVERYTHING is worth getting upset about. . .

Quoting pamelax3:

I do not like Obama, but this is really not worth getting upset about

bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, he is Commander in Chief.

I heard many officers talk about "their Marines" and such.  How is that different?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured