Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Creepiest Prayer Ever!

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM
  • 348 Replies

This is beyond disturbing. Your thoughts ladies....

Videos provided on links>

Olson and Hatch pray for abortion

'Creepiest' Prayer Ever? Pro-Abortion Activist Thanks Lord for Abortion Doctors, Choice

In what one conservative author and columnist called "one of the creepiest prayers you're ever going to hear," Iowa Democrat gubernatorial candidates joined abortion activists in a prayer applauding doctors who perform abortion and asking for increased financial support during a rally held Wednesday.

"We give thanks, oh Lord, for the doctors, both current and future, who provide quality abortion care," Des Moines activist Midge Slater can be heard praying in a video by the Iowa Republican.

Although some people in the video can be seen bowing and with eyes closed, it could be argued that the "prayer" was more like a list of things that abortion activists might be grateful for, as well as a wish list. The words "God," "Jesus," or "amen," seem to be absent from Slater's message in the video of that segment of the meeting. Her "prayer" ends with an applause.

"If your political goal is to murder as many of the unborn as is humanly possible, no one should be surprised that you're constantly taking the rhetoric to new depths," writes conservative author and columnist Robert Laurie. "Today's sick twisting of religion comes to us from a pro-abortion rally in Iowa. There, Des Moines activist Midge Slater delivered one of the creepiest prayers you're ever going to hear."

Laurie reports that also in attendance were Iowa Democrat gubernatorial candidates Jack Hatch and Tyler Olson.

He writes, "We can only presume that their grasp on religion is tenuous at best, since they apparently support praying for things like this," and then lists:

"We give thanks, oh Lord, for the doctors, both current and future, who provide quality abortion care."

"We pray for increased financial support for low-income women to access contraception, abortion and childcare."

"Today, we pray for women in developing nations, that they may know the power of self-determination. May they have access to employment, education, birth control and abortion."

"We pray for women who have been made afraid of their own power by their materialistic religion. May they learn to reject fear and live bravely."

"Today we pray for the families who have chosen. May they know the blessing of choice."

Slater, who can be seen and heard at the podium for four and a half minutes, also referred to the decision to have an abortion as "a blessing."

Hatch and Olson can be seen with their heads kept bowed and eyes closed, joining in the group prayer.

"Obviously, we get that the left loves to mock the faithful and warp Christian beliefs into a derisive weapon, but this is pretty vile stuff," Laurie states. "The fact that two major Democrat candidates were willing to stand there, fold their hands, and bow their heads speaks volumes about how low they're willing to sink."

Video of the "prayer" can be seen above.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/creepiest-prayer-ever-pro-abortion-activist-thanks-lord-for-abortion-doctors-choice-103465/

Iowa Democrat prays: Dear God, thank you for abortion

With high-ranking Democratic officials listening reverently in the Iowa state capitol, a liberal activist and union official on Wednesday led a prayer for increased funding for abortions, for greater access to abortions, for doctors who perform abortions, and for what she called “the blessing of choice.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/iowa-democrat-prays-dear-god-thank-you-for-abortion/article/2534969

Iowa Democrat prayer: Thank God for abortionists!

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/08/29/iowa-democrat-prayer-thank-god-for-abortionists/

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustCJ
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow.

rfurlongg
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Assuming it is all true, it serves no purpose but to shock.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SyllabaryBisque
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Agreed.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Assuming it is all true, it serves no purpose but to shock.
prommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
8 moms liked this

That is just disturbing. I seriously doubt that God celebrates abortion in any way.

Its.me.Sam.
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM
37 moms liked this

no one is PRO-abortion.
and i for one am thankful for the doctors who perform safe abortions and provide access to birth control for women who seek them.  
so.... *shrug* 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this

If this is true, it just shows all of us that there are those, on every side of every fence, who are extreme, over the top, crazy and well, many other adjectives people care to add on.

They most certainly do not speak for every one who feels choice should be just that, choice.  

Not a biased article at all.  Meh, so be it.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

no one is PRO-abortion.
and i for one am thankful for the doctors who perform safe abortions and provide access to birth control for women who seek them.  
so.... *shrug* 

Good point.

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this

No one is pro abortion.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM
6 moms liked this
I am thankful to Bob that I have the choice of abortion, and that no one else can make that choice for me. I am thankful for the doctors that provide this service, especially my own. Her expertise has saved my life.

*Shrug*
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

no one is PRO-abortion.
so.... *shrug* 

Agreed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)