Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm a bit pissy about something right now

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 160 Replies

The case for war is being made in the halls of our lawmaking bodies and our president is elsewhere.  It looks as if he is not engaged in the heavy responsibility of helping our lawmakers make the awesome decision about war.  He's wishy-washy on what he wants to do and he is not taking responsibility for that. 

I'm sorry, something stinks in this scenario

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM
10 moms liked this

WTF are you talking about?

He's met with a bazillion law makers over the last week. It's not his job to preside over congress...why would he be there?

ramita
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM
3 moms liked this
He's rarely been there when important decisions ate being made. This isn't the first time he's been elsewhere when congress is trying to decide on something important (of course maybe not war but other important things) or are in a gridlock.
RandRMomma
by Maya on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:20 AM
8 moms liked this
I was unaware of a requirement that the POTUS bad to be in attendance when important decisions are being made in Congress after spending days in meetings with various members of Congress and other leaders. He's doing what any other POTUS has done before him.

Quoting ramita:

He's rarely been there when important decisions ate being made. This isn't the first time he's been elsewhere when congress is trying to decide on something important (of course maybe not war but other important things) or are in a gridlock.
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:20 AM
14 moms liked this

Do you know where he is right now? He's making efforts to get our foreign allies involved so that if congress makes the decision to move forward we as a country would not be acting alone. Turn on your TV and see.

But perception through biase might make it hard.

Quoting snookyfritz:

The case for war is being made in the halls of our lawmaking bodies and our president is elsewhere.  It looks as if he is not engaged in the heavy responsibility of helping our lawmakers make the awesome decision about war.  He's wishy-washy on what he wants to do and he is not taking responsibility for that. 

Not Without Panties

RandRMomma
by Maya on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this
The POTUS called for meetings with various members of Congress, and some other officials late past week, and over the weekend. It's not the POTUS' job to babysit Congress. He's only following precedent.
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I didn't say attendance.  But in the vicinity would be nice.  He's leaving his battle to our lawmakers and not clearly addressing the citizens.  When something this serious is looming in his country, he should be here.   

Quoting RandRMomma:

I was unaware of a requirement that the POTUS bad to be in attendance when important decisions are being made in Congress after spending days in meetings with various members of Congress and other leaders. He's doing what any other POTUS has done before him.

Quoting ramita:

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

The purpose of the trip was not garnering support

Quoting NWP:

Do you know where he is right now? He's making efforts to get our foreign allies involved so that if congress makes the decision to move forward we as a country would not be acting alone. Turn on your TV and see.

But perception through biase might make it hard.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:32 AM
7 moms liked this

This isn't looming IN* the country.

Quoting snookyfritz:

I didn't say attendance.  But in the vicinity would be nice.  He's leaving his battle to our lawmakers and not clearly addressing the citizens.  When something this serious is looming in his country, he should be here.   

Quoting RandRMomma:

Quoting ramita:

Mommabearbergh
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:32 AM
6 moms liked this
If he stayed people would be like why is he babysitting congress. He went now he is being a bad pres. I swear if he scratched his left butt cheek instead of his right first people would be mad about that.

He is doing what presidents do and going to the summit. It was on the news. Brian Williams to be exact.
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM

How about over.  But semantics aside.  He should be more engaged in this process.  Especially with the people of his country. 

Quoting Raintree:

This isn't looming IN* the country.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting RandRMomma:

Quoting ramita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN