Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm a bit pissy about something right now

Posted by   + Show Post

The case for war is being made in the halls of our lawmaking bodies and our president is elsewhere.  It looks as if he is not engaged in the heavy responsibility of helping our lawmakers make the awesome decision about war.  He's wishy-washy on what he wants to do and he is not taking responsibility for that. 

I'm sorry, something stinks in this scenario

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Um, we're talking about this BECAUSE of his engagement on the topic. I'm not happy that he chose this to "engage" with. We are going - again- on faulty intelligence. 

I don't want any of them making "progress" until some trusted intel is had.

Quoting snookyfritz:

How about over.  But semantics aside.  He should be more engaged in this process.  Especially with the people of his country. 

Quoting Raintree:

This isn't looming IN* the country.

Quoting snookyfritz:

I didn't say attendance.  But in the vicinity would be nice.  He's leaving his battle to our lawmakers and not clearly addressing the citizens.  When something this serious is looming in his country, he should be here.   

Quoting RandRMomma:

I was unaware of a requirement that the POTUS bad to be in attendance when important decisions are being made in Congress after spending days in meetings with various members of Congress and other leaders. He's doing what any other POTUS has done before him.

Quoting ramita:

He's rarely been there when important decisions ate being made. This isn't the first time he's been elsewhere when congress is trying to decide on something important (of course maybe not war but other important things) or are in a gridlock.

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:36 AM

No,  I wouldn't say that. I think he's a bad president for more reasons than this.  I also believe that he is playing Pontius Pilot with the decisions. 

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

If he stayed people would be like why is he babysitting congress. He went now he is being a bad pres. I swear if he scratched his left butt cheek instead of his right first people would be mad about that.

He is doing what presidents do and going to the summit. It was on the news. Brian Williams to be exact.

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Paritally yes, but he has been conveniently engaged elsewhere and not making his case with the people of this country.  I certainly don't want progess in any way on this issue.  It seems to be a foregone conclusion though.

Quoting Raintree:

Um, we're talking about this BECAUSE of his engagement on the topic. I'm not happy that he chose this to "engage" with. We are going - again- on faulty intelligence. 

Quoting snookyfritz:

How about over.  But semantics aside.  He should be more engaged in this process.  Especially with the people of his country. 

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting snookyfritz:

I didn't say attendance.  But in the vicinity would be nice.  He's leaving his battle to our lawmakers and not clearly addressing the citizens.  When something this serious is looming in his country, he should be here.   

Quoting RandRMomma:

I was unaware of a requirement that the POTUS bad to be in attendance when important decisions are being made in Congress after spending days in meetings with various members of Congress and other leaders. He's doing what any other POTUS has done before him.

Quoting ramita:

He's rarely been there when important decisions ate being made. This isn't the first time he's been elsewhere when congress is trying to decide on something important (of course maybe not war but other important things) or are in a gridlock.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM

He has been on TV for the last half hour or so.

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Haha! So true!

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

If he stayed people would be like why is he babysitting congress. He went now he is being a bad pres. I swear if he scratched his left butt cheek instead of his right first people would be mad about that.

He is doing what presidents do and going to the summit. It was on the news. Brian Williams to be exact.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM

i agree completely.  not to mention i don't agree with the war.  no one interferred when we were at civil war (yes i get that the weapons weren't as destructive as they are today), but i think we should leave syria alone and let them either figure it out on their own, or destroy each other.  its cruel i know but damn im sick of this country always looking for the next war to jump into

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM

This isn't HIS country, it is OUR country. 

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting RandRMomma:

Quoting ramita:

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Yeah... because this isn't the only issue going on right now. Also, because congress wanted say, and now they get it. He isn't using the wpa at this point. Some of our congress (the loudest) want full-on war. They need to have the discussion and claim their share of whatever choice they make.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Paritally yes, but he has been conveniently engaged elsewhere and not making his case with the people of this country.  I certainly don't want progess in any way on this issue.  It seems to be a foregone conclusion though.

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting RandRMomma:

Quoting ramita:

kaylamom2004
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM

He has come right out & said that he doesn't believe he needs APPROVAL to strike! Um......what constitution have you read your moron!!!????

He needs to focus on the BS in this country & with our own people & stop sticking his nose elsewhere in business that doesn't concern us.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's the problem- if he had used the wpa and bombed Syria already, guess who would be pissed? The very people who want him to basically oversee the decision making process in congress in this scenario.

It's a no-win.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

This isn't HIS country, it is OUR country. 

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting RandRMomma:

Quoting ramita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)