Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm a bit pissy about something right now

Posted by   + Show Post

The case for war is being made in the halls of our lawmaking bodies and our president is elsewhere.  It looks as if he is not engaged in the heavy responsibility of helping our lawmakers make the awesome decision about war.  He's wishy-washy on what he wants to do and he is not taking responsibility for that. 

I'm sorry, something stinks in this scenario

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Replies (151-160):
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for "getting" it

Quoting DSamuels:

I have a feeling if it fails it will be put squarely on congress, and he'll try to pin in solely on the repubs. Of course if it succeeds, he'll claim sole credit. He never seems to want his fingerprints on anything. Not how a leader acts.

I don't think this is a good idea. What good are some bombs going to do? There doesn't seem to be a clear end objective. And won't there have to be some "boots on the ground" in Syria to figure out where the missiles should be hitting, be it military or CIA? This reminds me of Clinton lobbing a few missiles at which ever country to distract from scandals.

Quoting snookyfritz:

He's seeking approval because he doesn't want the responsibility squarely on his shoulders.  He also intimated that he was going to strike with or without approval.

Quoting AmaliaD:

It's nice to have a president that allows congress to do their job! Do You remember W going to war with no ones approval?

Not that I am a liberal but it's good to USE the checks and balances to be sure the people support the choice. (not that I do, I say stay out of it).

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this

This man can't win for losing.

Regardless of how he moves forward, what decision he makes, would have made, had he proceeded differently, the blame for it all will always fall directly on to his shoulders.

It makes no difference the avenue he chooses to travel down.  Which turns he may make or even who allows to drive.............

He might as well have killed all those people himself.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Faulty Intel? On what? 

Quoting Raintree:

Um, we're talking about this BECAUSE of his engagement on the topic. I'm not happy that he chose this to "engage" with. We are going - again- on faulty intelligence. 

I don't want any of them making "progress" until some trusted intel is had.

Quoting snookyfritz:

How about over.  But semantics aside.  He should be more engaged in this process.  Especially with the people of his country. 

Quoting Raintree:

This isn't looming IN* the country.

Quoting snookyfritz:

I didn't say attendance.  But in the vicinity would be nice.  He's leaving his battle to our lawmakers and not clearly addressing the citizens.  When something this serious is looming in his country, he should be here.   

Quoting RandRMomma:

I was unaware of a requirement that the POTUS bad to be in attendance when important decisions are being made in Congress after spending days in meetings with various members of Congress and other leaders. He's doing what any other POTUS has done before him.

Quoting ramita:

He's rarely been there when important decisions ate being made. This isn't the first time he's been elsewhere when congress is trying to decide on something important (of course maybe not war but other important things) or are in a gridlock.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Come out of your cave.  GWB had overwhelming approval from Congress and Senate for attacking Iraq....also the support of about 50 other countries.  We didn't fight that war all alone.

Obama can't even get England behind him.

Quoting AmaliaD:

It's nice to have a president that allows congress to do their job! Do You remember W going to war with no ones approval?

Not that I am a liberal but it's good to USE the checks and balances to be sure the people support the choice. (not that I do, I say stay out of it).

grandma B

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:33 AM

The bigger question would be how many peopl is he going to kill "fixing it"?

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Regardless of how he moves forward, what decision he makes, would have made, had he proceeded differently, the blame for it all will always fall directly on to his shoulders.

It makes no difference the avenue he chooses to travel down.  Which turns he may make or even who allows to drive.............

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Quoting snookyfritz:

The bigger question would be how many peopl is he going to kill "fixing it"?

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Well, I'm not thrilled about any of this and I don't know that I agree going on and doing any thing.  But I can see the other side as well.

Like I said, damned if he does, damned if he does not.  No matter what, people will hold him responsible and the horror of what is happening over there, or any where else, will be over shadowed because it is all his fault.  

None of us would be doing a better job yet we like to play as if we could.

This goes for whomever would be in office.  

Caera
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Of course he's not engaged. He has no fucking clue as to what he's doing. That shouldn't be a surprise.

susannah2000
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Quoting NWP:

Do you know where he is right now? He's making efforts to get our foreign allies involved so that if congress makes the decision to move forward we as a country would not be acting alone. Turn on your TV and see.

But perception through biase might make it hard.

Quoting snookyfritz:

The case for war is being made in the halls of our lawmaking bodies and our president is elsewhere.  It looks as if he is not engaged in the heavy responsibility of helping our lawmakers make the awesome decision about war.  He's wishy-washy on what he wants to do and he is not taking responsibility for that. 

I'm sorry, something stinks in this scenario

They don't want to see, they just want to hate.

adeber1
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Why are you conflating a targeted missile strike with war? He's not calling for war.

Quoting snookyfritz:

I expect the president to be fully engaged when war is about to be declared. 

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Seriously? What did you expect?

This is not meant to be confrontational or snarky however when you expect the POTUS to micromanage the entire country, let's face it, your thread is just going to head down the toilet. There is no wiggle room for debate. There is nothing to converse about.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Maybe I'll keep it.  I abhor the posts that do nothing to further conversation or insult people either directly or passively. 

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I could say why are you so naive to think that a missile strike is we're getting?

Quoting adeber1:

Why are you conflating a targeted missile strike with war? He's not calling for war.

Quoting snookyfritz:

I expect the president to be fully engaged when war is about to be declared. 

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Seriously? What did you expect?

This is not meant to be confrontational or snarky however when you expect the POTUS to micromanage the entire country, let's face it, your thread is just going to head down the toilet. There is no wiggle room for debate. There is nothing to converse about.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Maybe I'll keep it.  I abhor the posts that do nothing to further conversation or insult people either directly or passively. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN