Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm a bit pissy about something right now

Posted by   + Show Post

The case for war is being made in the halls of our lawmaking bodies and our president is elsewhere.  It looks as if he is not engaged in the heavy responsibility of helping our lawmakers make the awesome decision about war.  He's wishy-washy on what he wants to do and he is not taking responsibility for that. 

I'm sorry, something stinks in this scenario

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting kaylamom2004:

He has come right out & said that he doesn't believe he needs APPROVAL to strike! Um......what constitution have you read your moron!!!????

He needs to focus on the BS in this country & with our own people & stop sticking his nose elsewhere in business that doesn't concern us.

You don't need approval for a strike. You need it for war.

War Powers Act. 19...73 I think.

Thanks for proving my point above, though.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't know. I feel like he's done his part, and is allowing Congress to do theirs, like he's supposed to.

Quoting snookyfritz:

I didn't say attendance.  But in the vicinity would be nice.  He's leaving his battle to our lawmakers and not clearly addressing the citizens.  When something this serious is looming in his country, he should be here.   

Quoting RandRMomma:

I was unaware of a requirement that the POTUS bad to be in attendance when important decisions are being made in Congress after spending days in meetings with various members of Congress and other leaders. He's doing what any other POTUS has done before him.

Quoting ramita:

He's rarely been there when important decisions ate being made. This isn't the first time he's been elsewhere when congress is trying to decide on something important (of course maybe not war but other important things) or are in a gridlock.

kaylamom2004
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM

If you believe what he says ... you're just another one of his sheeple.

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting kaylamom2004:

He has come right out & said that he doesn't believe he needs APPROVAL to strike! Um......what constitution have you read your moron!!!????

He needs to focus on the BS in this country & with our own people & stop sticking his nose elsewhere in business that doesn't concern us.

lga1965
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
What are you talking about ?
You just don't like him and you're trying to justify your dislike by making things up.
CM seems to attract negativity.

Quoting ramita:

He's rarely been there when important decisions ate being made. This isn't the first time he's been elsewhere when congress is trying to decide on something important (of course maybe not war but other important things) or are in a gridlock.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

More like if you know the law and how it works.

You don't need congressional approval for a strike. You do for war. The end.

I'm not for a strike, war or otherwise in Syria at this point. Try again.

Quoting kaylamom2004:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting kaylamom2004:

kaylamom2004
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM

BAAAAAA!!!!!

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting kaylamom2004:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting kaylamom2004:

lga1965
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM

For goodness sake, calm down and get a clue. What a bunch of BS.

Quoting kaylamom2004:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting kaylamom2004:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramita
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I never said it was a requirement and I'm not even sure this time would make a difference, but there are times I believe it would be beneficial if the president was there, and no I'm not just talking about the current president either.

Quoting RandRMomma:

I was unaware of a requirement that the POTUS bad to be in attendance when important decisions are being made in Congress after spending days in meetings with various members of Congress and other leaders. He's doing what any other POTUS has done before him.

Quoting ramita:

RandRMomma
by Maya on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh my does your comprehension suck.

Quoting kaylamom2004:

BAAAAAA!!!!!

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting kaylamom2004:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting kaylamom2004:

RandRMomma
by Maya on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM
At times, I do agree.

Quoting ramita:

I never said it was a requirement and I'm not even sure this time would make a difference, but there are times I believe it would be beneficial if the president was there, and no I'm not just talking about the current president either.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Quoting ramita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN