Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a bit pissy about something right now

Posted by   + Show Post

The case for war is being made in the halls of our lawmaking bodies and our president is elsewhere.  It looks as if he is not engaged in the heavy responsibility of helping our lawmakers make the awesome decision about war.  He's wishy-washy on what he wants to do and he is not taking responsibility for that. 

I'm sorry, something stinks in this scenario

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Replies (41-50):
Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm upset that Obama went potty when these important decisions need to be made. Damn him!

.Milfshake.
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Quoting UpSheRises:

WTF are you talking about?

He's met with a bazillion law makers over the last week. It's not his job to preside over congress...why would he be there?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snookyfritz
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I'm going to delete this thread.  I don't do personal insults or want to be associated with posts that devolve into animal noises.  Thanks to those who at least tried to debate this without the personal slams

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

No, now look. Don't deflect. He wants a limited thing. Other's want a more full-scale thing. It isn't just "well, he really means this because it'll happen anyway and yeah". 

I also find it convenient that we've changed what the inspectors have said, amplified certain claims- all of it. Something sketchy is going on in Washington (again) and it isn't just the president. I'm sure he's in on it. I'm sure he isn't the only one.

Quoting snookyfritz:

You know that's not ever going to be the end of it Syria.  I find it convenient that the UN inspectors are not being heard from.  I'm going to use Hans Blix as my barometer and so far he's a no go

Quoting Raintree:

No. He's advocating a strike. McCain/Graham want a fuller operation.

Quoting snookyfritz:

He is the one advocating for war

Quoting lizzielouaf:

This isn't HIS country, it is OUR country. 

Quoting snookyfritz:

I didn't say attendance.  But in the vicinity would be nice.  He's leaving his battle to our lawmakers and not clearly addressing the citizens.  When something this serious is looming in his country, he should be here.   

Quoting RandRMomma:

I was unaware of a requirement that the POTUS bad to be in attendance when important decisions are being made in Congress after spending days in meetings with various members of Congress and other leaders. He's doing what any other POTUS has done before him.

Quoting ramita:

He's rarely been there when important decisions ate being made. This isn't the first time he's been elsewhere when congress is trying to decide on something important (of course maybe not war but other important things) or are in a gridlock.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Oh brother.

Don't associate me with the baaaer.

Quoting snookyfritz:

I'm going to delete this thread.  I don't do personal insults or want to be associated with posts that devolve into animal noises.  Thanks to those who at least tried to debate this without the personal slams

snookyfritz
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Maybe I'll keep it.  I abhor the posts that do nothing to further conversation or insult people either directly or passively. 

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I hope he put the seat down when he was done. or does he need congressional approval for that? Would that even pass?

Quoting Seasidegirl:

I'm upset that Obama went potty when these important decisions need to be made. Damn him!

snookyfritz
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I agree, there is more to this than meets the eye and I think the president's summit is a happy diversion for him. 

Quoting Raintree:

No, now look. Don't deflect. He wants a limited thing. Other's want a more full-scale thing. It isn't just "well, he really means this because it'll happen anyway and yeah". 

I also find it convenient that we've changed what the inspectors have said, amplified certain claims- all of it. Something sketchy is going on in Washington (again) and it isn't just the president. I'm sure he's in on it. I'm sure he isn't the only one.

Quoting snookyfritz:

You know that's not ever going to be the end of it Syria.  I find it convenient that the UN inspectors are not being heard from.  I'm going to use Hans Blix as my barometer and so far he's a no go

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting snookyfritz:

I didn't say attendance.  But in the vicinity would be nice.  He's leaving his battle to our lawmakers and not clearly addressing the citizens.  When something this serious is looming in his country, he should be here.   

Quoting RandRMomma:

I was unaware of a requirement that the POTUS bad to be in attendance when important decisions are being made in Congress after spending days in meetings with various members of Congress and other leaders. He's doing what any other POTUS has done before him.

Quoting ramita:

He's rarely been there when important decisions ate being made. This isn't the first time he's been elsewhere when congress is trying to decide on something important (of course maybe not war but other important things) or are in a gridlock.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Seriously? What did you expect?

This is not meant to be confrontational or snarky however when you expect the POTUS to micromanage the entire country, let's face it, your thread is just going to head down the toilet. There is no wiggle room for debate. There is nothing to converse about.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Maybe I'll keep it.  I abhor the posts that do nothing to further conversation or insult people either directly or passively. 

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Perhaps for you sitting in the middle of Anytown, USA you see flying to Switerland as fun and exciting (and a diversion from your everyday life) however do you not recognize that as the POTUS this is a business trip and part of his J-O-B

Quoting snookyfritz:

I agree, there is more to this than meets the eye and I think the president's summit is a happy diversion for him. 

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting RandRMomma:

Quoting ramita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured