Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Youth minister sentenced to 15 years for sex crime

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM
  • 10 Replies

Not enough of a sentence in my opinion.

YULEE, Fla. -

Raymond Leroy Gregory, 51, was sentenced Thursday afternoon to 15 years in prison followed by 15 years of sex offender probation for his involvement in a sex crime with a child.

Gregory was convicted on counts of custodial sexual battery on a child and lewd or lascivious molestation of a minor.

Gregory worked as a custodian at Yulee Elementary School and as a youth minister at a Nassau County church.

Gregory was known to take in children who were in need of help. Between 2008 and 2009, the defendant took in a 12-year-old boy and allowed him to live with him for several months. During that period of time, prosecutors say Gregory forced the child to perform sexual acts at least once or twice a week. Gregory then gave the victim money and presents.

The victim was eventually able to move from Gregory’s home.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/youth-minister-sentenced-to-15-years-for-sex-crime/-/475880/21812658/-/1ufbn6/-/index.html

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.OceanBlue.
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Definitely not enough of a sentence.  How sick. 

Lizardannie1966
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM

ONLY 15 years?

Definitely not large enough of a sentence and the punishment is not fitting the crime IMO.

Della529
by Matlock on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I think he should have received life w/o parole.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

ONLY 15 years?

Definitely not large enough of a sentence and the punishment is not fitting the crime IMO.

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Damn

Lizardannie1966
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM

At the very minimum, yes.

Quoting Della529:

I think he should have received life w/o parole.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

ONLY 15 years?

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Yeah, that guy is a monster and he will never be anything else but a pedophile, a monster. He should be locked up longer. He is a threat to children. And it will never ever stop. He can't be "cured".

I am always suspicious of men who "take in childen to help them"....KWIM?

Della529
by Matlock on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I agree they cannot be cured and should be locked up forever. 

I won't always be suspicious of those kinds of men because my father was one of those who helped a lot of kids.  Though, he brought them to my momma, lol.  In 1974, he even brought one, an infant, home in a cardboard box (he didn't have anything else to put her in and he was driving) after the infant's mother threatened to throw the baby in the St. John's River.

Quoting lga1965:

Yeah, that guy is a monster and he will never be anything else but a pedophile, a monster. He should be locked up longer. He is a threat to children. And it will never ever stop. He can't be "cured".

sstripedmonkey
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM
And this is why I'm athiest.
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Exactly. Your Dad was a good guy. (He didn't live alone and invite a kid to stay with him. ) We need more people like your mom and dad !!!

Quoting Della529:

I agree they cannot be cured and should be locked up forever. 

I won't always be suspicious of those kinds of men because my father was one of those who helped a lot of kids.  Though, he brought them to my momma, lol.  In 1974, he even brought one, an infant, home in a cardboard box (he didn't have anything else to put her in and he was driving) after the infant's mother threatened to throw the baby in the St. John's River.

Quoting lga1965:

LaBuenaVida
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:41 AM

I say string him up by his cojones and let him rot in the wind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured