Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mom attacks child's teacher in the classroom

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM
  • 79 Replies
Harry S Truman Elementary School. Photo: KSHB screenshot

The mother of a kindergarten boy Kansas City received a citation for criminal assault because, police say, she inflicted a vicious beatdown on the boy’s teacher.

The pummeling occurred on Thursday night at Truman Elementary School. Simone A. Baker, 24, allegedly entered the school and proceeded directly to the unidentified teacher’s classroom at about 6 p.m., reports The Kansas City Star.

She said, “You better not touch my kid again.” She punched the teacher, 49. upside the head five to 10 times. Next, narrates a police report, Baker jerked the teacher out of her chair by the hair. Then, for good measure, Baker smashed the teacher’s head against a filing cabinet—twice.

Baker’s next move was to run swiftly out of the classroom and out of the school building

There were no students in the classroom when the incident occurred.

On the way to the classroom, Baker ran right by the school principal, whom she had called just moments earlier as she was heaing to the school. The principal gathered a posse and headed to the classroom, arriving just after the altercation ended.

Baker had a motive. Earlier in the day, her six-year-old son had come home with a scratch on his neck. He apparently told his mother that the teacher caused it when she had punished him for something during the school day.

Hickman Mills School District officials told local NBC affiliate KSHB that something did, in fact, happen between the kindergarten teacher and the student, but they provided no additional details.

On Friday, notes The Star, the boy told police and school officials that the teacher didn’t hurt him.

A roving KSHB reporter interviewed a couple of veritable moms on the street to get a bead on neighborhood opinion.

“If you’re not going to stand up for your child, who is?” asked one mom wearing a skull-design t-shirt.

Another mom in a Chiefs jersey disagreed.

“No words. Who does that?” she asked. “I mean, I love my kids to death but you got to take yourself out of the situation and act like an adult.”

A school district spokeswoman told The Star that the teacher got checked out at a hospital after the attack. She was released with little ado.

The spokeswoman added that the district intends to prosecute Baker to “the fullest extent of the law.”

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
URHonor
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM
8 moms liked this
That lady is gonna do great in jail!
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM

sick

DACIA79
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM
3 moms liked this
I live in Kansas City so I saw this on the news. What really sucks is the little boy lied on his teacher.

That kid needs to be permanently home schooled and his mother needs to pay for the teacher's doctor bills along with jail time
susannah2000
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM
11 moms liked this

This is what happens to all the badasses who post here bragging about what they would do to anyone who touched their child. they get put in jail. I hope the teacher is all right. That had to be so horrible. The woman is a psycho.

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Mom has serious issues. I hope she has to pay the teachers medical bills and sees jail time as well as being blocked from stepping foot on school grounds again.

tanyainmizzou
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Waves from Columbia.  I flew out of KC to TExas 2 weeks ago.  Much easier airport than STL.

Quoting DACIA79:

I live in Kansas City so I saw this on the news. What really sucks is the little boy lied on his teacher.

That kid needs to be permanently home schooled and his mother needs to pay for the teacher's doctor bills along with jail time

URHonor
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM
21 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM
4 moms liked this
What a nut...who thinks that's a proper way to handle a situation?

I hope that teacher is ok...

By the way, is it just me, or is this article written kind of oddly?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I would sue the school district because she shouldn't have been able to get the close to the teacher.

Quoting fireangel5:

Mom has serious issues. I hope she has to pay the teachers medical bills and sees jail time as well as being blocked from stepping foot on school grounds again.

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM
How did he lie?

Quoting DACIA79:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN