Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
We're at Peanut's soccer game and its 100 degrees. Is it this hot everywhere? We're in Texas.
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Newer houses, recent builds ya. My neighborhood is primarily houses built in the 30/40s so mostly no. It's usually only crazy hot for a few months a year BUT they are a brutal few months. I went to the store yesterday and was sapped of energy lol. I was clearly not built to withstand a lot of heat!

Quoting LauraKW:

Do the houses typically have AC in Colorado?

Quoting lizzielouaf:

We're in Colorado and yes it's hot. I'm hunkered down in the cool basement with a fan on me. It's doesn't help that we're over a mile closer to the sun either -.-

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I'm at high altitude.  I made my husband take me up even higher, above timberline, to cool off

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM

10,000 lakes!  yes!  However many are full of slimy green stuff this late in the year.  lol  It is September in Minnesota.  It should be 68 degrees with a crisp breeze!

Quoting LauraKW:

Is Minnesota the 1,000 lakes state?

Quoting stacymomof2:

I'm in Saint Paul it's hot as hell today!  And humid.  :(

Quoting bethsbunch:

it's 90 here in Minnesota but it felt like 100 when I went for a walk this morning!

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Makes sense. Down here you don't buy a house without AC. Unless you're a fan of heat stroke. I'm eyeing these kids like a hawk today, and the teams keep taking water breaks.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Newer houses, recent builds ya. My neighborhood is primarily houses built in the 30/40s so mostly no. It's usually only crazy hot for a few months a year BUT they are a brutal few months. I went to the store yesterday and was sapped of energy lol. I was clearly not built to withstand a lot of heat!

Quoting LauraKW:

Do the houses typically have AC in Colorado?

Quoting lizzielouaf:

We're in Colorado and yes it's hot. I'm hunkered down in the cool basement with a fan on me. It's doesn't help that we're over a mile closer to the sun either -.-

rfurlongg
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:21 PM
98 here, but feels 100+. We just sat through 3 miserably hot soccer games. We are in Dallas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Yeesh.

It's 65 here in NY and I am looooving it!!
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM
That's lke December weather here :)

Quoting stacymomof2:

10,000 lakes!  yes!  However many are full of slimy green stuff this late in the year.  lol  It is September in Minnesota.  It should be 68 degrees with a crisp breeze!

Quoting LauraKW:

Is Minnesota the 1,000 lakes state?

Quoting stacymomof2:

I'm in Saint Paul it's hot as hell today!  And humid.  :(

Quoting bethsbunch:

it's 90 here in Minnesota but it felt like 100 when I went for a walk this morning!

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Bleck!!! I'm sorry

Quoting rfurlongg:

98 here, but feels 100+. We just sat through 3 miserably hot soccer games. We are in Dallas.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Totally green eyed monster at you right now.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Yeesh.

It's 65 here in NY and I am looooving it!!
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I'll stop complaining about our 1 game now :). We are in Fort Worth.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)