Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're at Peanut's soccer game and its 100 degrees. Is it this hot everywhere? We're in Texas.
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Replies (61-70):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Turning off the AC at night sounds like heaven. Can't wait for he end of $200+ electric bills.

Quoting greenie63:

I'm in Maryland and it's been nothing but perfection here for the past couple of days. Low humidity, low 80's, we can turn off the ac at night it's been cool. 

joyfree
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM

No, 84 in Ohio and very low humidity!

pkrengel
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Absolutely understand what you are saying because I am also in Texas.  This is my first summer here and we are still trying to get used to this weather.   It's been brutal.  

Hope that your "Peanut" is getting plenty of liquids and nutrition on the sidelines.  And don't forget yourself as well you too should be hydrating.  I'm training for a marathon so I understand what it means to the body to run around in this weather or being a spectator watching.

The Good News come October through May the weather will again be beautiful and will remind us all why we love Texas.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Let's not even talk about December weather in mn. I'm pretending it doesn't exist right now.

Quoting LauraKW:

That's lke December weather here :)

Quoting stacymomof2:

10,000 lakes!  yes!  However many are full of slimy green stuff this late in the year.  lol  It is September in Minnesota.  It should be 68 degrees with a crisp breeze!

Quoting LauraKW:

Is Minnesota the 1,000 lakes state?

Quoting stacymomof2:

I'm in Saint Paul it's hot as hell today!  And humid.  :(

Quoting bethsbunch:

it's 90 here in Minnesota but it felt like 100 when I went for a walk this morning!

Della529
by Matlock on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I have no idea - I haven't gone outside yet.  Looking out the window, I'd say it's pretty darn muggy.  This summer has been murder.  We were at a funeral last Wednesday in SE GA and my youngest son passed out.

I'm leaving for the airport shortly, to pick up my dd and grands, and I bet before I get to the carport out back, my hair will be a kinky mess.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:18 AM

We've been over 100 degrees with high humidity for a couple weeks at least.  We're about an hour east of Los Angeles, and this humidity is not normal for us at all.  I swear I feel like I'm going to melt away on some of these days.  I have no problem with the 100+ temps, but I cannot stand the humidity.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:36 AM

no kidding. our A/C died just as it got jungle muggy here, 75% humidity. it sucks. 

Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:45 AM

It is hell of hot it finally at 1044pm in Northern California it dropped down to 81. The high today was 101

Quoting LauraKW:

We're at Peanut's soccer game and its 100 degrees. Is it this hot everywhere? We're in Texas.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:26 AM

We just moved to Oklahoma for my husband's orders. (Yes, I'm still crying on the inside. I hate it here.) We spent a MISERABLE Saturday on the soccer field as well, my daughter had a double header. The other team quit the 2:30 game after the first quarter because they didn't have enough subs and couldn't take the heat. 

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:54 AM
We're out towards kaufman and its ridiculously hot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured