Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why is the media pushing Syria so hard?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:12 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

Turn on cable news, that's all they talk about. Its just a mash up of loudmouths and dead kids...for what purpose?

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Towing the White House line.  A few months from now Christiane Amanpour will come on apologizing for the media et al .  The very same thing happened under Bush.  I am now tainted and am suspect of everything they say. 

I have to say that I'm finding Aljazeera America a very refreshing change

candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM
4 moms liked this

For the purpose of getting everyone off all the scandals they were talking about before, at least some of them.   IRS, Benghazi, spying, fast and furious, etc.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM
News is cyclical. Next week it'll be something else and the week after that it'll be something else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM
When you have 24hrs of "news" you fill it up with many things. They pushed just hard for Iraq. Thus is the world we live in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diospira
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting snookyfritz:

Towing the White House line.  A few months from now Christiane Amanpour will come on apologizing for the media et al .  The very same thing happened under Bush.  I am now tainted and am suspect of everything they say. 

Me too.

If human life were really a priority, they would show the casualties of US military action. 

I feel they are trying to manipulate.

Corporate media coverage is like

Skim milk;

Pasteurized,

Homogenized, &

99% FACT-free!

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah...its weird...24 hours news channel...but if you watch it all day and night you'll have no idea what is happening here or abroad.

Quoting rfurlongg:

When you have 24hrs of "news" you fill it up with many things. They pushed just hard for Iraq. Thus is the world we live in.

rfurlongg
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Too true.

Quoting UpSheRises:

Yeah...its weird...24 hours news channel...but if you watch it all day and night you'll have no idea what is happening here or abroad.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zandhmom2
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM
3 moms liked this

What I don't understand is that this admin station wouldn't show pictures and/or videos on the death of Osama but they are willing to release this horrible videos of died or dying kids.  What the hell is up with that?

candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

They are.

Quoting diospira:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Me too.

If human life were really a priority, they would show the casualties of US military action. 

I feel they are trying to manipulate.

Corporate media coverage is like

Skim milk;

Pasteurized,

Homogenized, &

99% FACT-free!

teeloffel
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Using the pictures to push their agenda. If they show pictures of dead kids it will tug at the heart strings of Americans and (they hope) win their approval to strike. 

Quoting zandhmom2:

What I don't understand is that this admin station wouldn't show pictures and/or videos on the death of Osama but they are willing to release this horrible videos of died or dying kids.  What the hell is up with that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)