Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rush Limbaugh Compares Kids Getting Free School Lunches to Pets

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM
  • 131 Replies

Rush Limbaugh Compares Kids Getting Free School Lunches to Pets 

article image

On his radio show this morning, conservative talker Rush Limbaugh attacked the federal school lunch program, which provides free lunches to children from low income families.

He was especially upset that the city of Boston is going to offer free lunches to all its students, even though three-quarters of the kids qualified, noted the Boston Globe. The city of Boston has people who speak over 100 different languages and getting the school lunch forms completed was becoming a huge burden.

During the show, Limbaugh compared these school children to new pets, who are won over by their new owners who feed them, noted MediaMatters.org.

"When you get a new pet, what is the first thing you try to do to bond with it? You want to be the one to feed it right? You don't want anybody else feeding that new puppy or kitten... That pet is always going to be yours if you're the only one who feeds it. Well, same thing here," said Limbaugh.

"If you go to a national park, they'll tell you, 'Don't feed the animals because you'll make them dependent. They will not be able to provide for themselves.' But when it comes to human being they don't want them to be able to provide for themselves. In Boston, the end result is going to be that students associate eating with the government, not with mom and dad. Not at home and not with family."

However, there is no law in Boston preventing children who get free school lunches from eating any meal with their family.

Limbaugh then claimed when the Republicans try to cut funding for school lunches, as they have, the kids would not vote for the GOP when they grow up.

"They're just like your puppy or your kitten and they're being conditioned to believe the government is feeding them," said Limbaugh, who provided no actual proof of his claims.

Source: MediaMatters.org and Boston Globe

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

What an idiot.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM
4 moms liked this
There isn't a thought that pops into that mans head that is worthwhile.
12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL, gotta love Rush.
billsfan1104
by Jules on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
6 moms liked this
I happen to think he his right on this. You keep making it easy for people, they get dependent on the government. And then the government controls you. That's my opinion.

Oh btw, people in this very group, compare gays to animals all the time, and no backlash. Rush was doing the same exact thing that some of the people in this group does.
candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Ironic, isn't it?

Quoting billsfan1104:

I happen to think he his right on this. You keep making it easy for people, they get dependent on the government. And then the government controls you. That's my opinion. I agree.

Oh btw, people in this very group, compare gays to animals all the time, and no backlash. Rush was doing the same exact thing that some of the people in this group does.

Thomigirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM

WHEN? WHERE?

Quoting billsfan1104:

I happen to think he his right on this. You keep making it easy for people, they get dependent on the government. And then the government controls you. That's my opinion.

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
He is an ass and everything that comes out of his mouth is just shit. Excuse my French but I can't stand him.
Thomigirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Nothing to see here. Business as usual. 

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting billsfan1104:

Good observation on the btw.  

shake hand

billsfan1104
by Jules on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM
It was just recently, on one of the gay threads. I cannot remember, which one exactly.
I kept asking why are you comparing gays to animals? And they couldn't answer. Just kept saying they aren't.

Quoting Thomigirl:

WHEN? WHERE?

Quoting billsfan1104:

Oh btw,
people in this very group, compare gays to animals all the time, and no backlash. Rush was doing the same exact thing that some of the people in this group does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured