Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Lake Mary Police are now calling into question several statements Shellie Zimmerman made to 911

Posted by   + Show Post
Lake Mary Police are now calling into question several statements Shellie Zimmerman made to 911 Video Photo PreviousNext Police: Zimmerman did not have gun George Zimmerman Detained in Lake Mary Police: Zimmerman did not have gun advertisement alt alt alt alt ShareThis Posted: 10:05 PM Last Updated: 8 minutes ago By: Jacqueline Ingles LAKE MARY, Fla - Lake Mary Police are now questioning the validity of several statements Shellie Zimmerman made when she told 911 dispatchers her estranged husband, George Zimmerman, threatened her and her father at gunpoint Monday afternoon. > LISTEN: Shellie Zimmerman's 911 Call for help >Mobile users listen here: http://wfts.tv/13CkJwA Portions of the 911 call made by Shellie Zimmerman in this story: http://wfts.tv/17MKcVu "We did not find a gun, did not locate a weapon," said Zach Hudson, public information officer with the Lake Mary Police Department. "Nobody ever saw a gun. A gun is not part of this story." Still, a gun was at the crux of the account Shellie Zimmerman provided to 911 dispatchers when calling for help. "He continually has his hand on his gun and he keeps saying, 'Step closer.' He is just threatening all of us," Shellie can be heard telling dispatchers. Hudson told ABC Action News Shellie provided a written statement Monday night saying she never saw a gun and only assumed her estranged husband was carrying a weapon because he touched his stomach. Shellie called police to her father's home on Sprucewood Road around 2 p.m. She claimed George punched her father in the face and threatened both of them with a gun. "He accosted my father and then took my IPad and then smashed it and cut it with a pocketknife. I don't know what he is capable of. I am really really scared," Shellie told dispatchers. According to authorities, Shellie's father did not have any visible injuries. In the 911 call, Shellie asked the dispatcher to send paramedics because her father's nose looked like it was broken. There are also other inconsistencies police pointed to on the 911. Shellie told dispatchers that officers arrived and had their guns drawn. She said George was sitting in his car. Fearing George would start shooting, she told the dispatcher her and her father were going inside. According to police, George was not in his car when they arrived but was standing in the yard. They say he was also very cooperative and allowed police to search his person. After being questioned by police, Shellie left the home with her attorney. Police explained that George has been living in his father-in-law's home. It was just last week that Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce. Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, said Monday's incident stemmed from the couple dividing up property. "Silly stuff like pots and pans and dishes gets so emotionalized that it overflows and that is what really happened here," said O'Mara. The home was previously used as a meeting place to divvy up possessions. However, O'Mara said Shellie turned up at the home Monday afternoon unannounced. "This is all miscommunication," O'Mara said. O'Mara explained that this is just more fallout from Zimmerman's acquittal in the murder of Trayvon Martin, 17. That occurred nearly two months ago, and since that time, Zimmerman has been in the media spotlight for various reasons including speeding and helping people during a traffic crash. In this case, both Zimmerman and his father-in-law have declined to file charges. However, multiple media outlets are incorrectly reporting that Zimmerman and his wife has also declined to press charges. According to police, because this is a domestic violence case, it is up to the state attorney's office to decide whether charges are warranted. They must first find out who was the primary aggressor, if there was one at all. And while no charges have been filed, police say that could change at any minute. Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/lake-mary-police-are-now-calling-into-question-several-statements-shellie-zimmerman-made-to-911#ixzz2eSSBkods
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Replies (101-107):
billsfan1104
by Jules on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Of course it wouldn't be ok. I was just pointing out, that when someone complained he was speeding, was that he is not the only one. Why hitch about him speeding?? Who cares?? Leave him be, you all complain that he is in the news and he wants to be in the news, and yet you all don't let it go.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Justify it all you want if it makes you feel better. And if he killed someone speeding it would be okay because everyone does it? You sound like a teenager.

Quoting billsfan1104:

I am not defending him per sea. What I am defending is jumping the gun, and automatically assuming the worse, before the whole story is out. Someone said e was caught speeding twice, and I just simply said "so what?", because people speed everyday in America.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

So, that makes it okay? I guess anything goes when defending GZ including common sense

Quoting billsfan1104:No one is bragging. I was making a point that people speed all the time.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I really wouldn't brag that you speed. It makes you look like an asshole considering all the tragic accidents that happen on highways due to speeding. 

Quoting billsfan1104:65

Quoting Sweetie1216:

My gosh, what's the speed limit in your area? I see a ticket in your near future or something a lot worst.

Quoting billsfan1104:People speed everyday. I go at least 80mph on the highway and that's me keeping up with traffic. And your post proves my point.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:That's what you guys want so bad to happen. You want him to be involved in another tragedy. So you can say "I told you so" Did you listen to the 911 call. She clearly states that he had a gun. She clearly states that he threatened to "shoot" them. And after a search there was no such gun anywhere in the car or on him. This wasn't a case of "I think he has a gun". She never ever stated "I think he has a gun", until she was caught lying.

Quoting romalove:

This doesn't "exhonerate" George.  

This morning's news said that his lawyer said this was due to the stress of their divorce.  It is entirely possible that she thought he had a gun (she now says she thought he did but she did not visibly see it).  It is also entirely possible that he was behaving in a threatening manner, even if it didn't rise to the level that the police felt comfortable arresting him or intervening.

The one thing I know for certain about George Zimmerman is that this isn't the last we will hear of him.  Unfortunately, at some point it will involve another tragedy.

How stupid.

I don't "want" another tragedy.

I'm reporting what I see, not what I want to see.

This is a person who has been reportedly stopped twice by law enforcement for speeding in two different states in a two month time frame.  I'm betting that he speeds to that point far more than he gets caught.

The incident with him "helping" to be a hero.....which was all bullshit and bogus.....

You'll see.  This man is not stable, he thinks he can get away with anything and is above the law, and we are watching someone who will self-destruct.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM
just released

Quoting katy_kay08:

they did not what?  Show pictures?  I'm not sure there is a video of him smashing the ipad (interesting choice of action...what do you think he was hoping to destroy on it?), but there are pictures of her father's bruised nose.

Oh wait, there does appear to be a video of the ipad being broken.  Oh wow, it shows quite clearly how determined he was to destroy the ipad.  

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/surveillance-video-released-in-zimmerman-domestic-violence-incident/-/1637132/21872596/-/6p99oa/-/index.html

Quoting Carpy:

No they did not.

Quoting PamR:

The  news report I just saw on television says that the police are still investigating this, even though the wife and her dad did not press charges; they showed a videotape of Zimmerman smashing his wife's ipad, a picture of the dad with a bruise on his nose, and his attorney saying that he will no longer represent him.

This sounds like little George has a problem with anger. 

katy_kay08
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM

last night

time stamp from the story I posted: 

Published On: Sep 10 2013 06:07:56 PM EDT   Updated On: Sep 10 2013 06:09:27 PM EDT

which based on the time stamp of the post you quoted she absolutely could have seen it on the news.  

I truly don't get why people insist they know a person's experience and then can't own up to it when they screw up.  

Quoting Carpy:

just released

Quoting katy_kay08:

they did not what?  Show pictures?  I'm not sure there is a video of him smashing the ipad (interesting choice of action...what do you think he was hoping to destroy on it?), but there are pictures of her father's bruised nose.

Oh wait, there does appear to be a video of the ipad being broken.  Oh wow, it shows quite clearly how determined he was to destroy the ipad.  

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/surveillance-video-released-in-zimmerman-domestic-violence-incident/-/1637132/21872596/-/6p99oa/-/index.html

Quoting Carpy:

No they did not.

Quoting PamR:

The  news report I just saw on television says that the police are still investigating this, even though the wife and her dad did not press charges; they showed a videotape of Zimmerman smashing his wife's ipad, a picture of the dad with a bruise on his nose, and his attorney saying that he will no longer represent him.

This sounds like little George has a problem with anger. 

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM

But, you had no problem with people picking on everything little wrong TM ever did? Hypocrit.

Quoting billsfan1104:

Of course it wouldn't be ok. I was just pointing out, that when someone complained he was speeding, was that he is not the only one. Why hitch about him speeding?? Who cares?? Leave him be, you all complain that he is in the news and he wants to be in the news, and yet you all don't let it go.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Justify it all you want if it makes you feel better. And if he killed someone speeding it would be okay because everyone does it? You sound like a teenager.

Quoting billsfan1104:

I am not defending him per sea. What I am defending is jumping the gun, and automatically assuming the worse, before the whole story is out. Someone said e was caught speeding twice, and I just simply said "so what?", because people speed everyday in America.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

So, that makes it okay? I guess anything goes when defending GZ including common sense

Quoting billsfan1104:No one is bragging. I was making a point that people speed all the time.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I really wouldn't brag that you speed. It makes you look like an asshole considering all the tragic accidents that happen on highways due to speeding. 

Quoting Sweetie1216:

My gosh, what's the speed limit in your area? I see a ticket in your near future or something a lot worst.

Quoting billsfan1104:People speed everyday. I go at least 80mph on the highway and that's me keeping up with traffic. And your post proves my point.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:That's what you guys want so bad to happen. You want him to be involved in another tragedy. So you can say "I told you so" Did you listen to the 911 call. She clearly states that he had a gun. She clearly states that he threatened to "shoot" them. And after a search there was no such gun anywhere in the car or on him. This wasn't a case of "I think he has a gun". She never ever stated "I think he has a gun", until she was caught lying.

Quoting romalove:

This morning's news said that his lawyer said this was due to the stress of their divorce.  It is entirely possible that she thought he had a gun (she now says she thought he did but she did not visibly see it).  It is also entirely possible that he was behaving in a threatening manner, even if it didn't rise to the level that the police felt comfortable arresting him or intervening.

The one thing I know for certain about George Zimmerman is that this isn't the last we will hear of him.  Unfortunately, at some point it will involve another tragedy.

How stupid.

This is a person who has been reportedly stopped twice by law enforcement for speeding in two different states in a two month time frame.  I'm betting that he speeds to that point far more than he gets caught.

The incident with him "helping" to be a hero.....which was all bullshit and bogus.....

You'll see.  This man is not stable, he thinks he can get away with anything and is above the law, and we are watching someone who will self-destruct.

“No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” 
― Elie Wiesel

billsfan1104
by Jules on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I was uncomfortable with that also. I only thought it was pertanant to the case and only at trial. But this is not about TM. This is about people jumping the gun and not waiting for te whole story to come out.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

But, you had no problem with people picking on everything little wrong TM ever did? Hypocrit.

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Sweetie1216:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting romalove:

How stupid.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM
And Zimmermans habit of thinking he is above the law is the reason people feel he is guilty.

Quoting billsfan1104:

I was uncomfortable with that also. I only thought it was pertanant to the case and only at trial. But this is not about TM. This is about people jumping the gun and not waiting for te whole story to come out.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting billsfan1104:Of course it wouldn't be ok. I was just pointing out, that when someone complained he was speeding, was that he is not the only one. Why hitch about him speeding?? Who cares?? Leave him be, you all complain that he is in the news and he wants to be in the news, and yet you all don't let it go.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:Justify it all you want if it makes you feel better. And if he killed someone speeding it would be okay because everyone does it? You sound like a teenager.

Quoting billsfan1104:I am not defending him per sea. What I am defending is jumping the gun, and automatically assuming the worse, before the whole story is out. Someone said e was caught speeding twice, and I just simply said "so what?", because people speed everyday in America.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Sweetie1216:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting romalove:

How stupid.

“No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” 
― Elie Wiesel

supercarp
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:09 PM

nope

Quoting grandmab125:

Ah, but I bet you found all the OMG Zimmerman taken into custody posts newsworthy and interesting.

Quoting supercarp:

This is not news and it is not interesting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN