Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Lake Mary Police are now calling into question several statements Shellie Zimmerman made to 911

Posted by   + Show Post
Lake Mary Police are now calling into question several statements Shellie Zimmerman made to 911 Video Photo PreviousNext Police: Zimmerman did not have gun George Zimmerman Detained in Lake Mary Police: Zimmerman did not have gun advertisement alt alt alt alt ShareThis Posted: 10:05 PM Last Updated: 8 minutes ago By: Jacqueline Ingles LAKE MARY, Fla - Lake Mary Police are now questioning the validity of several statements Shellie Zimmerman made when she told 911 dispatchers her estranged husband, George Zimmerman, threatened her and her father at gunpoint Monday afternoon. > LISTEN: Shellie Zimmerman's 911 Call for help >Mobile users listen here: http://wfts.tv/13CkJwA Portions of the 911 call made by Shellie Zimmerman in this story: http://wfts.tv/17MKcVu "We did not find a gun, did not locate a weapon," said Zach Hudson, public information officer with the Lake Mary Police Department. "Nobody ever saw a gun. A gun is not part of this story." Still, a gun was at the crux of the account Shellie Zimmerman provided to 911 dispatchers when calling for help. "He continually has his hand on his gun and he keeps saying, 'Step closer.' He is just threatening all of us," Shellie can be heard telling dispatchers. Hudson told ABC Action News Shellie provided a written statement Monday night saying she never saw a gun and only assumed her estranged husband was carrying a weapon because he touched his stomach. Shellie called police to her father's home on Sprucewood Road around 2 p.m. She claimed George punched her father in the face and threatened both of them with a gun. "He accosted my father and then took my IPad and then smashed it and cut it with a pocketknife. I don't know what he is capable of. I am really really scared," Shellie told dispatchers. According to authorities, Shellie's father did not have any visible injuries. In the 911 call, Shellie asked the dispatcher to send paramedics because her father's nose looked like it was broken. There are also other inconsistencies police pointed to on the 911. Shellie told dispatchers that officers arrived and had their guns drawn. She said George was sitting in his car. Fearing George would start shooting, she told the dispatcher her and her father were going inside. According to police, George was not in his car when they arrived but was standing in the yard. They say he was also very cooperative and allowed police to search his person. After being questioned by police, Shellie left the home with her attorney. Police explained that George has been living in his father-in-law's home. It was just last week that Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce. Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, said Monday's incident stemmed from the couple dividing up property. "Silly stuff like pots and pans and dishes gets so emotionalized that it overflows and that is what really happened here," said O'Mara. The home was previously used as a meeting place to divvy up possessions. However, O'Mara said Shellie turned up at the home Monday afternoon unannounced. "This is all miscommunication," O'Mara said. O'Mara explained that this is just more fallout from Zimmerman's acquittal in the murder of Trayvon Martin, 17. That occurred nearly two months ago, and since that time, Zimmerman has been in the media spotlight for various reasons including speeding and helping people during a traffic crash. In this case, both Zimmerman and his father-in-law have declined to file charges. However, multiple media outlets are incorrectly reporting that Zimmerman and his wife has also declined to press charges. According to police, because this is a domestic violence case, it is up to the state attorney's office to decide whether charges are warranted. They must first find out who was the primary aggressor, if there was one at all. And while no charges have been filed, police say that could change at any minute. Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/lake-mary-police-are-now-calling-into-question-several-statements-shellie-zimmerman-made-to-911#ixzz2eSSBkods
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
billsfan1104
by Jules on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:14 AM
People speed everyday. I go at least 80mph on the highway and that's me keeping up with traffic.
And your post proves my point.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

That's what you guys want so bad to happen. You want him to be involved in another tragedy. So you can say "I told you so"

Did you listen to the 911 call. She clearly states that he had a gun. She clearly states that he threatened to "shoot" them. And after a search there was no such gun anywhere in the car or on him.

This wasn't a case of "I think he has a gun". She never ever stated "I think he has a gun", until she was caught lying.

Quoting romalove:

This doesn't "exhonerate" George.  

This morning's news said that his lawyer said this was due to the stress of their divorce.  It is entirely possible that she thought he had a gun (she now says she thought he did but she did not visibly see it).  It is also entirely possible that he was behaving in a threatening manner, even if it didn't rise to the level that the police felt comfortable arresting him or intervening.

The one thing I know for certain about George Zimmerman is that this isn't the last we will hear of him.  Unfortunately, at some point it will involve another tragedy.

How stupid.

I don't "want" another tragedy.

I'm reporting what I see, not what I want to see.

This is a person who has been reportedly stopped twice by law enforcement for speeding in two different states in a two month time frame.  I'm betting that he speeds to that point far more than he gets caught.

The incident with him "helping" to be a hero.....which was all bullshit and bogus.....

You'll see.  This man is not stable, he thinks he can get away with anything and is above the law, and we are watching someone who will self-destruct.

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:17 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting billsfan1104:

People speed everyday. I go at least 80mph on the highway and that's me keeping up with traffic.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

That's what you guys want so bad to happen. You want him to be involved in another tragedy. So you can say "I told you so"

Did you listen to the 911 call. She clearly states that he had a gun. She clearly states that he threatened to "shoot" them. And after a search there was no such gun anywhere in the car or on him.

This wasn't a case of "I think he has a gun". She never ever stated "I think he has a gun", until she was caught lying.

Quoting romalove:

This morning's news said that his lawyer said this was due to the stress of their divorce.  It is entirely possible that she thought he had a gun (she now says she thought he did but she did not visibly see it).  It is also entirely possible that he was behaving in a threatening manner, even if it didn't rise to the level that the police felt comfortable arresting him or intervening.

The one thing I know for certain about George Zimmerman is that this isn't the last we will hear of him.  Unfortunately, at some point it will involve another tragedy.

How stupid.

This is a person who has been reportedly stopped twice by law enforcement for speeding in two different states in a two month time frame.  I'm betting that he speeds to that point far more than he gets caught.

The incident with him "helping" to be a hero.....which was all bullshit and bogus.....

You'll see.  This man is not stable, he thinks he can get away with anything and is above the law, and we are watching someone who will self-destruct.

How often are you stopped?

You are actually proving a point to me, which is that there are some people who don't give a shit about anything other than thinking GZ is some sort of hero, when he's really a damaged piece of garbage who's just a disaster waiting to happen -- again.

When you are acquitted of a crime and your jury comes out and says "we think you are guilty but the law didn't allow us to act on that" there's something wrong.

And while most people think this is all racial (and I do think there is a racial element) I think it's really about guns, and the gun people not wanting ANYTHING to stand between them and their ability to pack heat and unload at will.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
What point?? At no point did I call him a hero. I only have two heros in y life and that is God and my father.
Yes the jury had to go by the letter if the law. Imagine that! A jury that did what they were told and didn't go on emotions.
I have been stopped a few times. A ticket sometimes, and a warning other times

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting romalove:

How stupid.

You are actually proving a point to me, which is that there are some people who don't give a shit about anything other than thinking GZ is some sort of hero, when he's really a damaged piece of garbage who's just a disaster waiting to happen -- again.

When you are acquitted of a crime and your jury comes out and says "we think you are guilty but the law didn't allow us to act on that" there's something wrong.

And while most people think this is all racial (and I do think there is a racial element) I think it's really about guns, and the gun people not wanting ANYTHING to stand between them and their ability to pack heat and unload at will.

candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree and yes it does hurt other women in this same situation.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Thank you.

I  think she knew what she was doing when she said he had a gun and he didn't.  She knew the media and the left would eat it up and run with it, even if its not true.

It hate it when women lie about abuse, it takes away from actual victims.

Quoting grandmab125:

Here you go:

Posted: 10:05 PM
Last Updated: 1 hour and 28 minutes ago

LAKE MARY, Fla - Lake Mary Police are now questioning the validity of several statements Shellie Zimmerman made when she told 911 dispatchers her estranged husband, George Zimmerman, threatened her and her father at gunpoint Monday afternoon.

> LISTEN: Shellie Zimmerman's 911 Call for help

>Mobile users listen here: http://wfts.tv/13CkJwA

Portions of the 911 call made by Shellie Zimmerman in this story: http://wfts.tv/17MKcVu

"We did not find a gun, did not locate a weapon," said Zach Hudson, public information officer with the Lake Mary Police Department.  "Nobody ever saw a gun. A gun is not part of this story."

Still, a gun was at the crux of the account Shellie Zimmerman provided to 911 dispatchers when calling for help.

"He continually has his hand on his gun and he keeps saying, 'Step closer.'  He is just threatening all of us,"  Shellie can be heard telling dispatchers.

Hudson told ABC Action News Shellie provided a written statement Monday night saying she never saw a gun and only assumed her estranged husband was carrying a weapon because he touched his stomach.

Shellie called police to her father's home on Sprucewood Road around 2 p.m.  She claimed George punched her father in the face and threatened both of them with a gun.

"He accosted my father and then took my IPad and then smashed it and cut it with a pocketknife. I don't know what he is capable of. I am really really scared," Shellie told dispatchers.

According to authorities, Shellie's father did not have any visible injuries.

In the 911 call, Shellie asked the dispatcher to send paramedics because her father's nose looked like it was broken. 

There are also other inconsistencies police pointed to on the 911.

Shellie told dispatchers that officers arrived and had their guns drawn.  She said George was sitting in his car.  Fearing George would start shooting, she told the dispatcher her and her father were going inside.

According to police, George was not in his car when they arrived but was standing in the yard.  They say he was also very cooperative and allowed police to search his person.

After being questioned by police, Shellie left the home with her attorney.

Police explained that George has been living in his father-in-law's home.  It was just last week that Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, said Monday's incident stemmed from the couple dividing up property.

"Silly stuff like pots and pans and dishes gets so emotionalized that it overflows and that is what really happened here," said O'Mara.

The home was previously used as a meeting place to divvy up possessions.  However, O'Mara said Shellie turned up at the home Monday afternoon unannounced.

"This is all miscommunication," O'Mara said.

O'Mara explained that this is just more fallout from Zimmerman's acquittal in the murder of Trayvon Martin, 17.

That occurred nearly two months ago, and since that time, Zimmerman has been in the media spotlight for various reasons including speeding and helping people during a traffic crash.

In this case, both Zimmerman and his father-in-law have declined to file charges.

However, multiple media outlets are incorrectly reporting that Zimmerman and his wife has also declined to press charges.  According to police, because this is a domestic violence case, it is up to the state attorney's office to decide whether charges are warranted.  They must first find out who was the primary aggressor, if there was one at all.

And while no charges have been filed, police say that could change at any minute. 

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/lake-mary-police-are-now-calling-into-question-several-statements-shellie-zimmerman-made-to-911#ixzz2eSlwNNSe

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM
3 moms liked this
I think it's likely something in between both sides that is the truth. I highly doubt GZ sat quietly while his crazy wife got worked up enough to call 911. But it appears an investigation continues due to nature of the dispute regardless of charges being pressed, so there will be more to this.
romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting billsfan1104:

What point?? At no point did I call him a hero. I only have two heros in y life and that is God and my father.
Yes the jury had to go by the letter if the law. Imagine that! A jury that did what they were told and didn't go on emotions.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting romalove:

How stupid.

Imagine that, the law protects vigilante killers.  I'm very impressed.

You must pay astronomical insurance if you get stopped and get tickets with any regularity.

Everything I said about this "individual" stands.  I think he's a disaster waiting to happen....again.

katy_kay08
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM
4 moms liked this

Here is where I'm left wondering.  Zimmerman's attorney yesterday stated Zimmerman was armed at the time of the incident.  There was supposedly someone with Zimmerman at the time, it's quite possible Zimmerman handed over the gun to avoid detection.   The fact that they didn't find the gun he owned anywhere (in the house he was staying or on his person) leads me to think he ditched it when he realized the cops were on their way/coming.  

They also stated they needed to obtain a warrant to search his truck, the article in this original post makes no mention if that was done.  

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/george-zimmerman-taken-into-custody-after-incident-with-gun-police-say/-/1637132/21851424/-/tlxm3oz/-/index.html

O'Mara also said that George Zimmerman didn't threaten Shellie Zimmerman or her father with a gun, even though Shellie Zimmerman told 911 dispatchers he did. O'Mara said George did have his gun, but that it was holstered under his shirt and stayed there the whole time...

..."Nobody saw a gun," said Officer Zach Hudson. "We did not find a gun on his body. We did not find a gun in the house. As of right now, there is no gun."

billsfan1104
by Jules on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I didn't say I get tickets on a regular bases. I said sometimes I get stopped and sometimes I get tickets.
You guys are just mad, because you fell for story and got your thongs in a twist, before hearing the whole story.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting romalove:

How stupid.

You must pay astronomical insurance if you get stopped and get tickets with any regularity.

Everything I said about this "individual" stands.  I think he's a disaster waiting to happen....again.

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting billsfan1104:

Nope. I didn't say I get tickets on a regular bases. I said sometimes I get stopped and sometimes I get tickets.
You guys are just mad, because you fell for story and got your thongs in a twist, before hearing the whole story.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting romalove:

How stupid.

LOL

Just dumb.

My panties aren't in a twist, and I don't go around defending the indefensible.  Lucky me!

And this story isn't over.  I know it isn't.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN