Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Activist: Case spotlights risks of ignoring truth about ‘gay’ sex

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM
  • 229 Replies

Activist Peter LaBarbera says a recent case in Missouri points to the dangers of the homosexual lifestyle – and the peril of ignoring the truth about that lifestyle.

The case involves 37-year-old David Mangum who is charged with recklessly infecting his 29-year-old partner with HIV. According to court documents filed in Stoddard County Circuit Court, he also may have infected as many as 300 other men in Missouri and Texas since learning in 2003 that he had the infection. Mangum reportedly told police he hid that fact from his partners for fear they would reject him. His bond was set at $250,000.

LaBarbera, PeterPeter LaBarbera, who heads Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, suggests political correctness is blinding people from the truth about the dangers of homosexual sex.

“What's so sad about homosexuality is the dangers are obvious – they’re out there,” he tells OneNewsNow. “The CDC reports on the tremendous health hazards associated with male homosexuality, and yet the whole political establishment pretends that this is just an alternate lifestyle and that homosexuality is just okay.”

The pro-family activist emphasizes the need to be especially concerned about young people who are being encouraged by those in the lifestyle to think it’s okay when in fact it’s not.

“We have to fear for our young men who are many times seduced into this lifestyle,” he warns. “And as we see from this story, [those young men] are in danger of contracting HIV. The fact is that young males are one of the fastest-growing groups associated with HIV.”

LaBarbera believes the phenomenon of homosexual men not telling the truth about their HIV status is common – and while infecting 300 men isn’t common, he explains there is a subculture within the culture that practices frequent promiscuity.

LaBarbera suggests it's time to stop pretending there are no risks with homosexual conduct.

source
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM
34 moms liked this

Any unprotected sex can transmit HIV. That is not news. A glance at the first page of the Americans for truth about homosexuality where it calls people "homofascists" is enough to tell me to disregard this whole article.

notdown4games
by Shane on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM
24 moms liked this
HIV is not a gay problem. Straight people are at risk for HIV also. Hell, children who have not engaged in any sexual or risk taking behaviors are at risk. My 9 year old has had multiple blood transfusions and must be tested every 3-6 months for HIV, hepatitis, and other blood borne infections. Assuming that HIV is a "gay problem" is every bit as ignorant as assuming that breast cancer is only a woman problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM
9 moms liked this
I think this is the biggest pile of shit you have ever posted!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/sergeant-swinger-charged-hiv-case

Here is a heterosexual male that was having sex with multiple people knowing he had HIV, and not only that but his wife knew as well!
This is about the individual that is so selfish he risks other people's lives for his own happiness! Has nothing to do with being gay!

candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM
2 moms liked this

The truth is not always pretty and it is easier to look away and deny.

Quoting angelachristine:

Any unprotected sex can transmit HIV. That is not news. A glance at the first page of the Americans for truth about homosexuality where it calls people "homofascists" is enough to tell me to disregard this whole article.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM
4 moms liked this
"LaBarbera believes the phenomenon of homosexual men not telling the truth about their HIV status is common – and while infecting 300 men isn’t common, he explains there is a subculture within the culture that practices frequent promiscuity."

This is also true of heterosexual men. A man was convicted here (it was a while ago so I can't remember the exact charges) of not telling his female partners about his HIV positive status. And of course there is a subculture of the hetero culture that practices promiscuity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM
5 moms liked this

This article is targeting homosexuals when straight people can carry HiV too. I have read stories similar where straight people knew they had it and had unprotected sex as well. HIV is everyone's problem not just gays but you have your own agenda. I really should have known better when I saw who the op was than to expect anything rational, intelligent or non biased. lol

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting angelachristine:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM
11 moms liked this
What a f*cking disgrace

My cousin in law died at age 39 of AIDS, her straight husband lied to her when they met that he had cancer

They are both dead now and left 3 kids

He infected 9 others that we know of

His wife found out when he died

Your bigoted and disgusting article is just a new reason to hate gays

Low and typical
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

apparently he wasn't hetrosexual if he was having sex with men.   I would at least call him bi-sexual.   He obviously didn't care who he was with, man or woman.

Quoting Healthystart30:

I think this is the biggest pile of shit you have ever posted!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/sergeant-swinger-charged-hiv-case

Here is a heterosexual male that was having sex with multiple people knowing he had HIV, and not only that but his wife knew as well!
This is about the individual that is so selfish he risks other people's lives for his own happiness! Has nothing to do with being gay!

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM
4 moms liked this
Quoting candlegal:

Quoting angelachristine:

What truth? That there a selfish gay people? I think everyone knows that being gay doesn't automatically make one a saint, but neither does being a heterosexual or Christian or white, black, poor, rich................
HIV is not a gay disease candlegal!
romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM
8 moms liked this

Lifestyle.

Why do you insist that this is a "lifestyle"?

Is being heterosexual a "lifestyle"?

I wonder what makes people think that homosexual sex is so enticing that young men can be seduced to participating in it.  All the hetero men I know are completely uninterested in participating in such sex, and in fact, express aversion to it.

Of course, if gays could get married, that might reduce the risk of HIV transmission as it could encourage commitment to one other person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured