Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Activist: Case spotlights risks of ignoring truth about ‘gay’ sex

Posted by   + Show Post

Activist Peter LaBarbera says a recent case in Missouri points to the dangers of the homosexual lifestyle – and the peril of ignoring the truth about that lifestyle.

The case involves 37-year-old David Mangum who is charged with recklessly infecting his 29-year-old partner with HIV. According to court documents filed in Stoddard County Circuit Court, he also may have infected as many as 300 other men in Missouri and Texas since learning in 2003 that he had the infection. Mangum reportedly told police he hid that fact from his partners for fear they would reject him. His bond was set at $250,000.

LaBarbera, PeterPeter LaBarbera, who heads Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, suggests political correctness is blinding people from the truth about the dangers of homosexual sex.

“What's so sad about homosexuality is the dangers are obvious – they’re out there,” he tells OneNewsNow. “The CDC reports on the tremendous health hazards associated with male homosexuality, and yet the whole political establishment pretends that this is just an alternate lifestyle and that homosexuality is just okay.”

The pro-family activist emphasizes the need to be especially concerned about young people who are being encouraged by those in the lifestyle to think it’s okay when in fact it’s not.

“We have to fear for our young men who are many times seduced into this lifestyle,” he warns. “And as we see from this story, [those young men] are in danger of contracting HIV. The fact is that young males are one of the fastest-growing groups associated with HIV.”

LaBarbera believes the phenomenon of homosexual men not telling the truth about their HIV status is common – and while infecting 300 men isn’t common, he explains there is a subculture within the culture that practices frequent promiscuity.

LaBarbera suggests it's time to stop pretending there are no risks with homosexual conduct.

source
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
lilangilyn
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Straight men and women infect each other as well. They also don't always tell their partners the truth about their HIV/AIDS. This article is called fear mongering.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM
2 moms liked this
What does spreading HIV have to do with being gay? Heterosexual people have been known to do this too. And you can't make someone gay... Either they rape someone who doesn't want to have sex or they have consensual sex and wanted it. There ain't no female on this planet going to "seduce (me) into the lifestyle"... This is one of the most bullshit things I have ever read on here.
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM
5 moms liked this
The fastest growing group of people to become infected are young black women. ANY person can get HIV from their partner through unprotected sex. This isn't a gay issue. I feel like I woke up in 1985.
lga1965
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting candlegal:

The truth is not always pretty and it is easier to look away and deny.

Quoting angelachristine:

Any unprotected sex can transmit HIV. That is not news. A glance at the first page of the Americans for truth about homosexuality where it calls people "homofascists" is enough to tell me to disregard this whole article.

Who is denying? NOBODY! The truth is the truth and we all acknowledge it. Yes, it is spread through gay sex but it is also spread between heterosexual couples,and through blood transfusions. Would you tell us a child who got a blood transfusion and contracted it was a sinner? Hmmmm?

You know what is NOT  pretty? The way you are obsessed with posting these Blogs from rabid anti-homosexual, self-righteous,holier-than-thou , Bible thumping people with mean, cold-hearted,prejudicial views about everyone who isn't a straight white Christian. You have a very negative outlook. It is a rather icky, flagrantly low class attitude.

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM
5 moms liked this
Steaming, heaping pile of ignorant and/or purposely misleading tripe for homophobic, self-righteous bigots. Someone's bile ducts are on overdrive this morning...
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM
4 moms liked this

There are just as many Straight men who are willing and unwillingly Spreading HIV... Part of the problem are people and articles like this...It is perpetuating a myth that HIV/AIDS is a Gay only Illness and it is not..It is a EQUAL opportunity Disease that NO ONE Gay, Straight,Black,White, Jew or Christian is Immune too... ONCE we realize this and treat it as such then we can take better steps to stop the spread of it... JUST because it was Noticed in the Gay Community first doesn't make it their fault.... This is NOT Gods Punishment nor is it The GLBT communities Fault... 

People need to Grow the hell up and stop Pointing Fingers at everyone else and look at the fingers pointing back at themselves... I am disgusted that so called Educated woman believe this crap and that is what this Article is Bias Crap... This isn't about the "Truth" this is about Perpetuating a Myth and smearing a group of people because a MINORITY group of people are uncomfortable.

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting candlegal:

apparently he wasn't hetrosexual if he was having sex with men.   I would at least call him bi-sexual.   He obviously didn't care who he was with, man or woman.

Quoting Healthystart30:I think this is the biggest pile of shit you have ever posted!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/sergeant-swinger-charged-hiv-case

Here is a heterosexual male that was having sex with multiple people knowing he had HIV, and not only that but his wife knew as well!
This is about the individual that is so selfish he risks other people's lives for his own happiness! Has nothing to do with being gay!

He is listed as having sex with one man and ten women. Which isn't even the point. You are now saying that HIV is also a bi-sexual disease? Lmao you are a riot!
I don't even know why your posts sometimes bother me, I think I need to accept the fact that you just don't know any better, and that your bubble doesn't give you enough room to see how wrong you are.
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM
4 moms liked this

so much hate and fail in one post... gods, there is nicer stuff posted in Bitch groups

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM

This is not the first case of someone spreading the disease recklessly.  There have been heterosexual cases of this also. 

HIV can be spread thru any type of heterosexual, homosexual, blood products, dirty needles transmission.

It is so ignorant and dangerous to make this seme like a "gay" problem.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Wow...I gave you more credit than this. HIV can be spread through ANY TYPE of unprotected sex.

Quoting candlegal:

The truth is not always pretty and it is easier to look away and deny.

Quoting angelachristine:

Any unprotected sex can transmit HIV. That is not news. A glance at the first page of the Americans for truth about homosexuality where it calls people "homofascists" is enough to tell me to disregard this whole article.

“No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” 
― Elie Wiesel

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN