Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Activist: Case spotlights risks of ignoring truth about ‘gay’ sex

Posted by   + Show Post

Activist Peter LaBarbera says a recent case in Missouri points to the dangers of the homosexual lifestyle – and the peril of ignoring the truth about that lifestyle.

The case involves 37-year-old David Mangum who is charged with recklessly infecting his 29-year-old partner with HIV. According to court documents filed in Stoddard County Circuit Court, he also may have infected as many as 300 other men in Missouri and Texas since learning in 2003 that he had the infection. Mangum reportedly told police he hid that fact from his partners for fear they would reject him. His bond was set at $250,000.

LaBarbera, PeterPeter LaBarbera, who heads Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, suggests political correctness is blinding people from the truth about the dangers of homosexual sex.

“What's so sad about homosexuality is the dangers are obvious – they’re out there,” he tells OneNewsNow. “The CDC reports on the tremendous health hazards associated with male homosexuality, and yet the whole political establishment pretends that this is just an alternate lifestyle and that homosexuality is just okay.”

The pro-family activist emphasizes the need to be especially concerned about young people who are being encouraged by those in the lifestyle to think it’s okay when in fact it’s not.

“We have to fear for our young men who are many times seduced into this lifestyle,” he warns. “And as we see from this story, [those young men] are in danger of contracting HIV. The fact is that young males are one of the fastest-growing groups associated with HIV.”

LaBarbera believes the phenomenon of homosexual men not telling the truth about their HIV status is common – and while infecting 300 men isn’t common, he explains there is a subculture within the culture that practices frequent promiscuity.

LaBarbera suggests it's time to stop pretending there are no risks with homosexual conduct.

source
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM
6 moms liked this

Are we in 1982?

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Sadly some are kinda frozen there and find it easier to blame all Dem dirty gays. Rather then to realize that sadly the Hetero community while they continue to keep their heads buried and believe that it can not happen to them because its a Gay problem will keep seeing their numbers growing... While the Gay Community has seen a slight Decrease in the number of NEW HIV cases.. The Straight Community is still Increasing in numbers....

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Are we in 1982?

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few... Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." —Professor Snape

.OceanBlue.
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Being heterosexual is natural; it is the way we were created. Being homosexual is not natural; it goes against the way our bodies were made.  

Quoting romalove:

Lifestyle.

Why do you insist that this is a "lifestyle"?

Is being heterosexual a "lifestyle"?

I wonder what makes people think that homosexual sex is so enticing that young men can be seduced to participating in it.  All the hetero men I know are completely uninterested in participating in such sex, and in fact, express aversion to it.

Of course, if gays could get married, that might reduce the risk of HIV transmission as it could encourage commitment to one other person.

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Being heterosexual is natural; it is the way we were created. Being homosexual is not natural; it goes against the way our bodies were made.  

Quoting romalove:

Lifestyle.

I wonder what makes people think that homosexual sex is so enticing that young men can be seduced to participating in it.  All the hetero men I know are completely uninterested in participating in such sex, and in fact, express aversion to it.

Of course, if gays could get married, that might reduce the risk of HIV transmission as it could encourage commitment to one other person.

Being attracted to who we are attracted to is natural.

That's just how it is.

I can't help that I love men.  When I was young, I was 12, a girl tried to kiss me.  I didn't have words for homosexual or gay and I was confused and didn't understand why she was doing that, but I was sufficiently uncomfortable that I didn't want to play at her house anymore.  On the other hand, I have been totally boy crazy since forever, one of my memories of 1st grade is being kept after school because I was talking to a boy named Joseph that I knew I loved.

For homosexual people, they are attracted to the same sex, same way that you or I are not.  That's how they are made same as that's how we are made.

You can deny that this is "natural" to them, but that does not change that this is natural to them.

Same as how you're attracted is natural to you.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM
8 moms liked this

Simplistic thinking like this leads to ignorant articles like the OP has posted.

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Quoting romalove:

Lifestyle.

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:10 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting angelachristine:

This article is targeting homosexuals when straight people can carry HiV too. I have read stories similar where straight people knew they had it and had unprotected sex as well. HIV is everyone's problem not just gays but you have your own agenda. I really should have known better when I saw who the op was than to expect anything rational, intelligent or non biased. lol

Quoting candlegal:

The truth is not always pretty and it is easier to look away and deny.

Quoting angelachristine:

Any unprotected sex can transmit HIV. That is not news. A glance at the first page of the Americans for truth about homosexuality where it calls people "homofascists" is enough to tell me to disregard this whole article.

When I saw the title of this thread, I knew it was posted by Candle before I even clicked on it and looked at it. Sooooo predictable. So prejudced, nasty.

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:13 AM

LOL. yah sure,you betcha.  eye rolling"not natural" ? ...."the way our bodies were made" ?

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Quoting romalove:

Lifestyle.

.OceanBlue.
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I believe what I believe; you believe what you believe. 

Quoting lga1965:

LOL. yah sure,you betcha.  eye rolling"not natural" ? ...."the way our bodies were made" ?

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Quoting romalove:

Lifestyle.

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:15 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Are we in 1982?

Springsteen

Madonna

Waiting for Nirvana....

LOL

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I love this song... It makes me Feel old though

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Are we in 1982?

Springsteen

Madonna

Waiting for Nirvana....

LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured