Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Activist: Case spotlights risks of ignoring truth about ‘gay’ sex

Posted by   + Show Post

Activist Peter LaBarbera says a recent case in Missouri points to the dangers of the homosexual lifestyle – and the peril of ignoring the truth about that lifestyle.

The case involves 37-year-old David Mangum who is charged with recklessly infecting his 29-year-old partner with HIV. According to court documents filed in Stoddard County Circuit Court, he also may have infected as many as 300 other men in Missouri and Texas since learning in 2003 that he had the infection. Mangum reportedly told police he hid that fact from his partners for fear they would reject him. His bond was set at $250,000.

LaBarbera, PeterPeter LaBarbera, who heads Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, suggests political correctness is blinding people from the truth about the dangers of homosexual sex.

“What's so sad about homosexuality is the dangers are obvious – they’re out there,” he tells OneNewsNow. “The CDC reports on the tremendous health hazards associated with male homosexuality, and yet the whole political establishment pretends that this is just an alternate lifestyle and that homosexuality is just okay.”

The pro-family activist emphasizes the need to be especially concerned about young people who are being encouraged by those in the lifestyle to think it’s okay when in fact it’s not.

“We have to fear for our young men who are many times seduced into this lifestyle,” he warns. “And as we see from this story, [those young men] are in danger of contracting HIV. The fact is that young males are one of the fastest-growing groups associated with HIV.”

LaBarbera believes the phenomenon of homosexual men not telling the truth about their HIV status is common – and while infecting 300 men isn’t common, he explains there is a subculture within the culture that practices frequent promiscuity.

LaBarbera suggests it's time to stop pretending there are no risks with homosexual conduct.

source
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Replies (31-40):
survivorinohio
by René on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Sex spreads HIV.  Not all people have that many partners and hetero men and women have just as much sex as do gays.

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Quoting SilverSterling:

I love this song... It makes me Feel old though

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Are we in 1982?

Springsteen

Madonna

Waiting for Nirvana....

LOL

I'm going to be 51 in a couple of months.

Don't go there lol.

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Sex spreads HIV.  Not all people have that many partners and hetero men and women have just as much sex as do gays.

You cannot reason with hate.

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Get the Lyrics Right woman!!

Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she’s uncool
Cause she's still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Are we in 1982?

Springsteen

Madonna

Waiting for Nirvana....

LOL

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few... Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." —Professor Snape

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

DAMN!!! I'll be 40 sometime this year

Quoting romalove:

Quoting SilverSterling:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Are we in 1982?

Springsteen

Madonna

Waiting for Nirvana....

LOL

Don't go there lol.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few... Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." —Professor Snape

doomshroom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM
5 moms liked this
This isn't a gay issue, it's an unprotected sex issue, and everyone knows it.

I've learned that if I want a good laugh, I can count on candlegal.
romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SilverSterling:

Get the Lyrics Right woman!!

Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she’s uncool
Cause she's still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Are we in 1982?

Springsteen

Madonna

Waiting for Nirvana....

LOL

I don't get anything right lol.  Too many loud concerts as a kid!

.OceanBlue.
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting romalove:

Quoting survivorinohio:

You cannot reason with hate.

Disagreeing with something is not hate. 

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM

But that is not her obsession.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Wow...I gave you more credit than this. HIV can be spread through ANY TYPE of unprotected sex.

Quoting candlegal:

The truth is not always pretty and it is easier to look away and deny.

Quoting angelachristine:

Any unprotected sex can transmit HIV. That is not news. A glance at the first page of the Americans for truth about homosexuality where it calls people "homofascists" is enough to tell me to disregard this whole article.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

51 is the new 41

Quoting romalove:

Quoting SilverSterling:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Are we in 1982?

Springsteen

Madonna

Waiting for Nirvana....

LOL

Don't go there lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)