Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Activist: Case spotlights risks of ignoring truth about ‘gay’ sex

Posted by   + Show Post

Activist Peter LaBarbera says a recent case in Missouri points to the dangers of the homosexual lifestyle – and the peril of ignoring the truth about that lifestyle.

The case involves 37-year-old David Mangum who is charged with recklessly infecting his 29-year-old partner with HIV. According to court documents filed in Stoddard County Circuit Court, he also may have infected as many as 300 other men in Missouri and Texas since learning in 2003 that he had the infection. Mangum reportedly told police he hid that fact from his partners for fear they would reject him. His bond was set at $250,000.

LaBarbera, PeterPeter LaBarbera, who heads Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, suggests political correctness is blinding people from the truth about the dangers of homosexual sex.

“What's so sad about homosexuality is the dangers are obvious – they’re out there,” he tells OneNewsNow. “The CDC reports on the tremendous health hazards associated with male homosexuality, and yet the whole political establishment pretends that this is just an alternate lifestyle and that homosexuality is just okay.”

The pro-family activist emphasizes the need to be especially concerned about young people who are being encouraged by those in the lifestyle to think it’s okay when in fact it’s not.

“We have to fear for our young men who are many times seduced into this lifestyle,” he warns. “And as we see from this story, [those young men] are in danger of contracting HIV. The fact is that young males are one of the fastest-growing groups associated with HIV.”

LaBarbera believes the phenomenon of homosexual men not telling the truth about their HIV status is common – and while infecting 300 men isn’t common, he explains there is a subculture within the culture that practices frequent promiscuity.

LaBarbera suggests it's time to stop pretending there are no risks with homosexual conduct.

source
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Sex spreads HIV.  Not all people have that many partners and hetero men and women have just as much sex as do gays.

You cannot reason with hate.

Disagreeing with something is not hate. 

Posting daily stories to incite people to be against another group of people is pretty hateful, IMO.

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Seasidegirl:

51 is the new 41

Quoting romalove:

Quoting SilverSterling:

I love this song... It makes me Feel old though

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Are we in 1982?

Springsteen

Madonna

Waiting for Nirvana....

LOL

I'm going to be 51 in a couple of months.

Don't go there lol.

OMG I love you.

I'd love you more if you'd said it was the new 31, but I'll take what I can get LMAO.

.OceanBlue.
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting romalove:

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Sex spreads HIV.  Not all people have that many partners and hetero men and women have just as much sex as do gays.

Posting daily stories to incite people to be against another group of people is pretty hateful, IMO.

Oh, kind-of like the anti-George Zimmerman posts and the anti-Christian threads that get posted? I'm guessing you view those as okay and not hateful. 

survivorinohio
by René on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting survivorinohio:

I think sometimes the hate is really fear and that knowledge can ease fear.  I try lol.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Oh, kind-of like the anti-George Zimmerman posts and the anti-Christian threads that get posted? 

If someone has a hard-on and posts story after story about one type of thing, particularly to get people to go against another group of people, then yes.

I sometimes think this is in the eye of the beholder, though.  Christians are hyper-sensitive to anything that puts anyone who is of their religion in a negative light and thinks it is bashing the religion in general.  Not everyone sees things that way.

I personally haven't posted a lot of any one type of story.  I am calling it like I see it.

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting survivorinohio:

I think sometimes the hate is really fear and that knowledge can ease fear.  I try lol.

That may be true, but I think the intended recipients of your message are not willing to be open to those messages and education.  

babie113
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
This is ignorance at its highest. Hiv affects and is often spread by straight people too women included. I've seen stories like this before but its usually a straight man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
4 moms liked this

The good thing about this post is that it appears that just about everyone who posted understands that HIV can be spread in various ways, and that highlighting only one route of transmission will not eradicate neither the virus nor the disease.

Most of us have kept up to date on this disease.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM
3 moms liked this

Maybe if they weren't so squeamish they could talk about promoting safe sex in an effort to address this instead of judging the entire gay community on the actions of this one man.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM
3 moms liked this

I am going to go out on a limb here, lack of education or false information re Zimmerman or religion is not likely to cause illness or death- The  same can not be said for HIV and certainly not for AIDS.

If one is going to post on such topics, one should at least have a clue as to what they are talking about-

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Oh, kind-of like the anti-George Zimmerman posts and the anti-Christian threads that get posted? I'm guessing you view those as okay and not hateful. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN