Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Women becoming breadwinners destroys society, kills babies and leads to kids dropping out of school

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:56 AM
  • 75 Replies
3 moms liked this

4 out of 10 households now have women as the breadwinners. This all male panel on FOX says it's destroying society and killing babies because, after all, science shows that in the natural world the male is dominant and the woman is "complementary". And it's tearing apart the black family even more than the white family if the black woman tries to earn a decent wage. They even quote a book written in 1965. ............ 1 9 6 5 !!! ... sisters ... we need to go over there an bitch slap every one of them. Or maybe we should just burn our bras. Oh wait..already did that back in 1965... ok.. it's bitch slap them then.

Or maybe we should just take over their jobs. 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/05/30/four_out_of_ten_households_have_female_breadwinners_fox_news_responds_with.html

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punky3175
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:12 AM
6 moms liked this
Ok - I didn't click the link but had to comment that I loved your suggestion. Sadly, they'd just use that against us as well and blame the fact we were allowed out of the home and encouraged to think for ourselves.
SyllabaryBisque
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:14 AM
Ugh, small-minded shit like this irritates me to no end...
romalove
by Roma on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:18 AM
5 moms liked this

Welcome to the forum!

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:24 AM
2 moms liked this
male is dominant and the woman is "complementary

Ugh the ingrained sexism blah!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pagancuriosity
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:25 AM
6 moms liked this

I like how the panel turns to nature to prove that males are always dominant...they forget that there are plenty of maternal-led species out there....take elephants for example. Bees, hyenas, and other animal groups are led by dominant females.

It's like the gay thing. They say it isn't natural, but there are plenty of other animals that exhibit homosexual tendencies. So, logic says if it it occurs naturally in nature, it must be natural.

laam
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:28 AM
6 moms liked this

IF men don't like the fact that we're taking over, then maybe they should evolve a little faster!!

Louweezymarie
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:44 AM
9 moms liked this

If you could see how low my tits swing, you'd know why I can't afford to burn my bra. 

survivorinohio
by René on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:23 AM

LOL

Quoting Louweezymarie:

If you could see how low my tits swing, you'd know why I can't afford to burn my bra. 

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope these guys take an example from nature and go the way of the dodo and carrier pigeon.   

KhloesMom2009
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I wish someone would explain to my husband that he isn't dominant simply for being a man. Also, tell him that watching me take care of the entire household after working all day doesn't automatically make him superior. lol Meh, he'd probably be okay with allowing me to be called the bread winner and the head of household.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)