Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Drink more water?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:22 AM
  • 11 Replies

Apparently Mrs. Obama is asking us to 'drink more water'. Makes me think she has something up her sleeve. Like, "what are they putting in the water"? lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/michelle-obama-drink-water-campaign_n_3906987.html

The First Lady wants you to drink more water.

On a call announcing Michelle Obama's newest healthy living initiative Wednesday, Let's Move Executive Director Sam Kass explained that the White House is working with cities, private companies and public taps to promote the message to "drink up."

Participating companies include Brita, Poland Spring, Evian, Dasani, Voss and others, which will carry a "Drink Up" logo on their bottles, and participating cities include Chicago, Los Angeles county, Houston and, appropriately, Watertown, Wis., where the First Lady is visiting Thursday to kick off the initiative.

"Every participating company is only focusing on drinking water," Kass said, and not on why its particular brand of water is "better" than another.

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Drinking water is a good thing. Our bodies crave it and need it since our bodies are 66% water. 

I drink close to a gallon a day. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Maxi_Maxi
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:26 AM
I know a lot of people who drink a lot of soda. Some people, even in 2013, don't realize we need water.
LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Love me some water.

KhloesMom2009
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:31 AM

and there are plenty of people who drink ample amounts of water.

Liz132
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:31 AM

I don't care what anyone says about her, I like Mrs. Obama and her efforts to improve the health of Americans even if I don't feel as good about her husband

Thomigirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:35 AM

"Apparently Mrs. Obama is asking us to 'drink more water'. Makes me think she has something up her sleeve. "

Yeeeah, like healthy living?

KhloesMom2009
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Quoting Liz132:

I don't care what anyone says about her, I like Mrs. Obama and her efforts to improve the health of Americans even if I don't feel as good about her husband

this isn't an 'anti Obama' post.

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:37 AM

well what is it? what is wrong about drinking plenty of water?

Quoting KhloesMom2009:

Quoting Liz132:

Alayna - Wife to Sanjay and mommy to Anjali

Liz132
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:37 AM

I know. I'm just saying that cause people are always complaining about her trying to make school lunches healthier

Quoting KhloesMom2009:

Quoting Liz132:

KhloesMom2009
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:39 AM

She's partnering with bottled water compaies for starters.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

well what is it? what is wrong about drinking plenty of water?

Quoting KhloesMom2009:

Quoting Liz132:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)