Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A CHRISTIAN AMERICA

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 150 Replies

In 2016, a Republican president is elected.  In a majority of the States, Republicans overwhelmingly win seats giving the GOP the majorities in both houses.

Soon after the election, abortion's legality is once again challenged and brought before the Supreme Court.  Roe v Wade is overturned by our conservative-majority Justices and abortion is now illegal.

States, one by one, bring back prayer to the public schools and creationism is to be taught alongside evolution as a scientific theory.

Republican State congresses rewrite their laws allowing Christian symbols to be placed upon government property without impunity.

My questions to Christians:  Is this how you would like to see America?   

I'm looking for a true discussion, not Christian vs non-Christian bashing.   Thanks.

Sherri

KittyLicking.gif picture by wer4pu
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

-sits and watches-

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM
You say you're not look for Christian vs. non-Christian, but once replies start rolling in, honest or trolling, this is likely to get ugly. You do realize that, don't you?
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM
8 moms liked this

They won't be happy until we have a theocratic government and all women are wearing burkas.

.OceanBlue.
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM
4 moms liked this

LOL. Christians don't wear burqas. That's a Muslim thing.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

They won't be happy until we have a theocratic government and all women are wearing burkas.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM
20 moms liked this
I don't want government involved in my religion and I don't want my religion involved in government.
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM
7 moms liked this

Oh I know that.  But the restrictions on women will continue. Whether it is a physical burka or a metaphorical one, it will still be as restrictive.

Quoting .OceanBlue.:

LOL. Christians don't wear burqas. That's a Muslim thing.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

parentalrights1
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this
There's a few that definitely want that. They don't envision a country full of closeted nonchrostians being afraid to be themselves and feeling like everyone looks down on them or will punish them, you know, that thing that Christians used to go through that they hated so much? They I ly see the TRUE god being glorified and all the inferior, misguided people being pushed in the "right" direction
PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM
7 moms liked this

If this were to happen I would leave the country and give up my citizenship.  Hope Canada needs psychiatrists by then.

PurdueMom
by Sherri on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

You say you're not look for Christian vs. non-Christian, but once replies start rolling in, honest or trolling, this is likely to get ugly. You do realize that, don't you?

My plan is to ignore them and only respond to those playing nice.  I cannot control another's actions.

Sherri

KittyLicking.gif picture by wer4pu
lizzy_ellie
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM

here comes the christian bashing!!! Christian symbols have been here since the founding fathers. I'm ok with seperating church and state. I don't know if I consider myself Christian but I do believe in a higher power. I also think that abortion is 100% wrong, so I'd like to see that go. But even I know that will never happen, legal or illegal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)