Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Twins split in custody agreement? David Tutera Separates Kids in Custody Battle With Ryan Jurica: "We Are Not at a Resolution"

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 94 Replies

David Tutera Separates Kids in Custody Battle With Ryan Jurica: "We Are Not at a Resolution"

David Tutera Separates Kids in Custody Battle With Ryan Jurica: "We Are Not at a Resolution"

View gallery

David Tutera's family has been torn in half by his split from longtime partner Ryan Jurica. Months after announcing their separation, the former couple have come to a temporary custody agreement over the care of their twins, daughter Cielo and son Cedric -- and it involves separating the siblings by thousands of miles.

Talking with the ladies of The View on Friday, Sept. 13, about his bitter battle with JuricaTutera explained the terms of their arrangement. "We transferred two embryos into the surrogate: One was biologically mine, my daughter Cielo; one was biologically his, his son," the WE TV star said. "When we were going through the process of divorce, we decided to make sure that I had custody of my daughter, and he had custody of his son."

PHOTOS: Bitter divorces in Hollywood

Tutera noted that he "absolutely" wanted the kids to have arelationship with one another but said he thought it would take some time. "That can't happen until the environment is calm and peaceful," he told Barbara Walters and company. "I have no right to not have them know each other, but I can protect my daughter about when that time is the right time."

He added: "My responsibility right now is to get through a divorce and protect and guide and nurture my daughter."

As previously reported, the WE TV star filed papers to end his decade-long domestic partnership with Jurica earlier this year, prior to the birth of the couple's twins. "The relationship was going poorly for six years," he admitted on The View. "We went through with [having kids] in hopes that the relationship would get better and that having a family would make it better."

PHOTOS: Most expensive divorces ever

"I have always wanted to be a dad. That was really important to me," he added. "And I've always wanted the fairy-tale life of being in a relationship. I fell in love with Ryan. I still love Ryan. That is a very true fact."

That said, things are still far from settled between the exes. "We are not at a resolution now," he confessed. "But I will never say anything negative or foul about my ex partner. My integrity...is super important to who I am."

PHOTOS: Out and proud celebs

Jurica, for his part, claimed in May that Tutera was addicted to sex, which the reality host vehemently denied to Us Weekly. "The allegations against me are baseless and untrue and I will fight vigorously to defend my reputation in the court of law as well as the court of public opinion," he told Us at the time. "I believe them to be fabrications of a desperate individual in order to gain a legal advantage in our separation."

He added: "I am saddened by these developments; I am angered by the lies; and I am committed to moving beyond this painful moment to focus on my professional commitments and the upcoming birth of my children."

This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: David Tutera Separates Kids in Custody Battle With Ryan Jurica: "We Are Not at a Resolution"

by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM

That's crazy.

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh how awful...he gets what is his...and he gets what is his.....basically screw the kids.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I have never heard of such a thing! Why not joint custody>?

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
How much of a connection do non-fraternal twins share in utero? I'd have to know that before forming a solid opinion. Without that info, it would seem that they are acting in the best interests of the babies by keeping them out of the middle of a volatile situation. If they were amicably splitting, I'd say shared custody.

*I reserve the right to waffle back and forth on this one. My mind doesn't want to land on a position. ;)
JTROX
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM

That's sad for all involved.  

EmilysMom2010
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
That's so wrong.
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

OK Let me explain something that wasn't in the article (that I saw)

One baby is Biologically His the other is Biologically his ex husbands..They are NOT true Twins they are half Siblings..They decided to raise their own biological child separately but the children will know and interact with each other... 

It is not PERFECT but its not like The Parent Trap were they are  Splitting up Identical Twins... 2 eggs were fertilized one for each of them and implanted.. The Surrogate just did a 2 for one deal she carried 2 separate children for 2 separate men at the same time..

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I have never heard of such a thing! Why not joint custody>?

Makes me think of the Parent Trap!  I wonder if later on they will meet at summer camp...

Jennyanne322
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I read about this yesterday and the first thing that came to mind was the parent trap as well. It seems so wrong to split the babies up. I hope they allow them to at least know each other.
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Always nice when adults can put their kids first, isn't it? (*) (*).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)