Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Minneapolis Mayoral Race Spawns The Most Bizarre Ad Ever

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 15 Replies

Minneapolis Mayoral Race Spawns The Most Bizarre Ad Ever Sep 14, 2013 Posted By Jeromie Williams In Politics,

With over 30 candidates running for mayor of Minneapolis, it can be pretty hard to get your voice heard above, well, the herd.  But Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party contender Jeff Wagner has managed to do so with his “Wake the F**k Up” campaign and his promise to “not even go to the strip clubs anymore” if he is elected.

Turns out, his approval ratings are going through the roof.

Mayoral candidate Jeffrey Wagner has a simple message for the people of Minneapolis:

“Wake the fuck up.” In the most bizarre campaign ad you’ll see all season, Wagner, reportedly a member of the Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party, emerges from a lake in his boxers, coffee in hand, in response to an on-screen request for a mayor that really “represents the people of Minneapolis.”

Wagner says he’s cool making $100K a year, and he makes a few campaign promises. “”I will not take money from the developers. I will not take money from the political angle. I will not even go to the strip clubs anymore.” No strip clubs? That’s serious.

And now, sit back, pour yourself a cup of java, and get ready to “Wake the F**K Up” with Jeff Wagner’s campaign video.

Visit Liberal America to read more. Minneapolis Mayoral Race Spawns The Most Bizarre Ad Ever | LiberalAmerica.org

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I thought the Boston mayoral campaign was full of craziness, but I have to admit: this tops ours by a mile. 

ashellbell
by shellbark on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I'm not sure what to say. Based off his commercial alone, he seems like a pretty fun guy. I wonder what qualifies him to run for office?

**off to google**
.Bubbles.
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Odd strategy, but it might work.
lga1965
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM

throwing upwhat the hell?  I live in MN and I haven't seen that. I hope I never have to.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Well that was...

Different. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tscritch
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Why did he have her get him coffee? That was odd. That's dedication when you say you won't go to strip clubs anymore. lol

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha "I won't go to strip clubs ANYMORE!"
ashellbell
by shellbark on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't really find much on the guy, except for a possible DUI arrest in 2009 (probably just left the strip club)
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Alrighty then.

lga1965
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Haha "I won't go to strip clubs ANYMORE!"

Yah, "anymore". That guy is too tacky. I wouldn't vote for him. He is kind of a yahoo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)