Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so confused by the computer

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I haven't been on cm with my computer in forever, just my phone.  But what the hell, let's go retro and get the big boy out tonight.  I'm so lost.  I keep having to hit this button called Shift because the capital letters aren't showing up where they're supposed to.  Punctuation seems to be totally do it yourself.  I mean, I've hit the space bar twice repeatedly, now where the hell is the period?  And when I misspelled a word earlier it STAYED misspelled.  It wasn't even underlined in red!  What is this madness?  I'm so stressed out, I don't think I can do this any more.

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuzCahn
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You are in the twilight zone. Just go with it. Unless you see a man dressed as a woman, with a knife>>then RUN!

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Man, woman, frog, bunny - I see anyTHING with a knife, I'm out the door.  Or back in the door if I'm outside.  Or at least in a car with the door locked, after I check the backseat of course.

Quoting SuzCahn:

You are in the twilight zone. Just go with it. Unless you see a man dressed as a woman, with a knife>>then RUN!

momtoscott
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Keep calm...and find your phone!
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this

My youngest has a shirt that say Keep calm... and Floss!

*see??  The computer doesn't even want to better itself, it's fine with just leaving that typo there.  I don't know if I can keep a relationship with such lazy electronics.

Quoting momtoscott:

Keep calm...and find your phone!

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Lol. I was trying to work my dad's phone today and kept trying to make it a touch screen. I was not good at navigation by button pressing. I kept on hitting the contacts icon with my fingertips rather than pressing enter.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Little guy's first phone wasn't a touch screen.  I never did figure out how to use the damn thing.  I think all that phone could do was make phone calls.  Can you imagine??  He had to hit each number three times to scroll through the alphabet just to be able to text!  Oh, the horror.

Quoting stacymomof2:

Lol. I was trying to work my dad's phone today and kept trying to make it a touch screen. I was not good at navigation by button pressing. I kept on hitting the contacts icon with my fingertips rather than pressing enter.

survivorinohio
by René on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM

*grins*  Welcome to my world lol.  I cant afford data on my phone at all.  February, I cant wait.  I am going to go with a month to month deal and tell sprint to take a hike.  I can get unlimited data for like 40 a  month I think:)  Thats cheaper than my land line was and way cheaper than sprint!

rosewind13
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Keep calm and breathe. You'll get through this. Just watch out for the Grammar Police.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Hahahaha

I recently purchased a desk top.

I feel like a damn fish out or water.

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM
When I'm at work using the land line, there is nothing more frustrating then keying in the wrong number and having to start all over after hanging up! Where's the back button on those things :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured