Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Can morality only exist if religion is on every lip all day?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 91 Replies
11 moms liked this

Many here have made it clear that not having their religion taught by public schools makes for an immoral atmosphere. I just do not get why those ladies do not think their kids are strong enough or intelligent enough to maintain a relationship with their God DURING 7-8 hours, 5 days a week, when their prayer can not be disruptive to those around them in an academic setting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:11 PM
34 moms liked this

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

AlekD
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Feel better?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaynaj1980
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM
4 moms liked this

I just shake my head. I can't figure it out either. People can have morals without believing in religion or god. But what do I know? I'm just an "evil, amoral atheist."

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM
7 moms liked this
Morals and religion are not synonymous.
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM
4 moms liked this

Just because you're religious, it doesn't mean you have morals....some very religious people have done some very very bad things!

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I feel fine but I understand you are unable to cope with anybody whose views are not yours posing questions. It makes you all sorts of uncomfy, I have noticed.

Quoting AlekD:

Feel better?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Morales don't come from religion they come from culture/society imo.
Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM
6 moms liked this

there is a LOT of stuff in the bible that i would never ever to do another human being.
god is one of the meanest characters man has ever thought up IMO 

morality, ethic, character, integrity etc... not linked to religion at all 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I feel fine but I understand you are unable to cope with anybody whose views are not yours posing questions. It makes you all sorts of uncomfy, I have noticed.

Quoting AlekD:

Feel better?

To answer the question posed in your OP.......my children have done rather well with their morals without God in their face in the schools.

I'm quite sure some who do not believe in God are pretty darn moral.  Heck, many Christians and such appear to be less moral than others.

But Alek.................she copes rather well with the differing opinions of others.  She is one of the few who is able to hold on to her truth and not lose her dignity, or make a fool out of herself, while carrying on a conversation in regards to religion.

She is a far cry from some of the other ones in this group.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I will have to take your word for it. Her response here does not bear that out but maybe she is having an off day.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting AlekD:

Feel better?

To answer the question posed in your OP.......my children have done rather well with their morals without God in their face in the schools.

I'm quite sure some who do not believe in God are pretty darn moral.  Heck, many Christians and such appear to be less moral than others.

But Alek.................she copes rather well with the differing opinions of others.  She is one of the few who is able to hold on to her truth and not lose her dignity, or make a fool out of herself, while carrying on a conversation in regards to religion.

She is a far cry from some of the other ones in this group.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN