Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pat Robertson:

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 19 Replies

Pat Robertson: San Antonio will jail Christians over anti-discrimination law

Pat Robertson and his Christian Broadcasting Network filed a report Wednesday that falsely claimed that having a “biblical view” on sexuality has been “criminalized” in San AntonioTexas.

Robertson said San Antonio “has gone off the rails” by adopting a non-discrimination ordinance [PDF] which includes protections for sexual orientation and gender identity, and claimed that the new law would lead to Christians being thrown in prison:

“This means that if you speak out about your deeply held religious beliefs they will put you in jail or brand you some kind of a class 3 felon. This whole thing is outrageous and that city council should be replaced.”

The segment quoted Christian Right activists arguing that gay people are seeking “special rights” while taking away the rights to religious freedom and speech of Christians.

CBN reporter Heather Sells even said the new policy “criminalizes those with a biblical view of sexuality.”

Of course, the ordinance neither curtails free speech nor bars anti-LGBT politicians from servicing in office.

And no Pat Robertson, it does not put Christians in jail or turn them into felons.

Watch highlights here:

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfurlongg
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:54 PM
7 moms liked this
I believe he maybe senile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:55 PM

It will always be acceptable to speak your truth, whatever that is for you.  There WILL come a day, very soon, I think, that preventing LGBTs from being who they are, loving who they love and marrying who they want will be illegal. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
2 moms liked this
The sad part is there will be people who believe what he said, further spread the incorrect information and further the hate without ever getting the true story.
survivorinohio
by René on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Quoting rfurlongg:

I believe he maybe senile.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

EngMama
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't believe he is still on the air
Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Why does this buffoon get any airplay?

doomshroom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Every now and then, I'll linger on The 700 Club if I come across it, because you never know when good ol' Pat will say something crazy.

sidenote: The other day, I learned that Jerry Springer comes on right after The 700 Club. Oh, the irony. lol.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM
He's too crazy to even poke wih a stick.
Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM
What he says used to anger me, now I just shake my head. The man is obviously not quite right up there.
I'm not sure what to think about the people that agree or believe what he says is the truth. They must not be quite right either.
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this

To a small degree he is right.  Businesses have been told who they must do business with and screw their religious principles. 

I don't know what the penalty is, the PDF didn't say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured