Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

to those of u who do not believeNOT

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 122 Replies

What makes u not believe?  If God was true, would u not want to know that?  Do u just not believe in God, or do u believe in another higher being? Or not?  Do u believe in Heaven or Hell, or do u just think we die and that is it?  What makes u NOT believe?  IF God is real an Heaven and Hell are true, would u not want to know that? 

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM
4 moms liked this

Which God?

ETA. No I dont believe in the heaven where milk and honey run freely, with streets of gold and mansions and psychopaths who've asked for forgiveness are among us. And since the christian bible is so down on woman we are all gonna be men in heaven.

And hell, really? if god is so loving why would he even create a place to send people when he sent his self to be born, to sacrifice his self for us to bow to him to be saved and be with him again.

Great story to tell kids to go to sleep.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM
7 moms liked this
I hate it when people try to converse while using text lingo. That's a pet peeve of mine.
Mommabearbergh
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM
*gets popcorn*this is gonna be interesting
MYBABYANDI
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM

which ever God u do or do not believe in

Quoting -Celestial-:

Which God?

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Quoting MYBABYANDI:

which ever God u do or do not believe in

Quoting -Celestial-:

Which God?

I don't understand the point of your question.

Why do you want to know?

MYBABYANDI
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:22 PM

just curious  oh i meant to say that!!!

Toxic.Stardust
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe in God, just not the Christian one.
Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM
10 moms liked this

critical thinking is what makes me not believe.

if god were true... then that would be that.  i dont see a need to believe in any god/s to have a great life.

i dont believe in any higher being.  i mean.in the sense that someone else created us..no.  

i do not believe in heaven nor hell.  i think when we die we just cease to be.  what matters is what we do with this life we have.  being productive, and kind, and helping others, learning and being curious and having the adventure.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM
In order to answer your question, it would be best to know which god you're talking about. If you're talking about the Judeo-Christian-Islamic God, then I don't believe simply because there's no tangible proof of his existence. I believe in science and theories that can be proved, or have insurmountable amounts of tangible evidence to back them up. I do not believe in things that aren't tangible, or things that can't be seen. I don't believe in any higher power; I'm an atheist.

I don't believe in hell, and I don't know if I believe in heaven. I do not want to know if your god or any other god exists. It's not something I need to know to live my life. My life as an atheist has been much better than my past life as a Christian.

ETA: I forgot to add that my critical thinking skills don't allow me to believe. Once I stopped blindly following everything I was taught, I came to the conclusion that it didn't make any sense and that it was merely a myth. So, I don't believe.
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

move over and pass the popcorn

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

*gets popcorn*this is gonna be interesting

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN