Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

do you

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 78 Replies

force yoour religious beliefs on your children?   some people may do it and not even know it!!!

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Its.me.Sam.
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:24 PM

nope.
i am a non-believer and my husband is a christian. my son is free to ask question to either of us and he has/does.  my eldest is 20 and she has been afforded the same right to choose to believer or not. 

MYBABYANDI
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM

ok so how does u and ur dh eplain 2 ur children something that he asks if u both have different answers?  jc

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

nope.
i am a non-believer and my husband is a christian. my son is free to ask question to either of us and he has/does.  my eldest is 20 and she has been afforded the same right to choose to believer or not. 

Mommabearbergh
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't force my religion on her. I teach her about it and when she is a teen and looks at other religions she is free to go to another one if she chooses. I am her mother regardless. I was raised apostolic (I wish that on no one) I converted to Islam.
MYBABYANDI
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM

i really l o v e ur answer!!!

famiglia_bella
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I did when I was a christian.  My oldest stopped believing before I did and one of my daughters believes in The Universe and everything in it as a collective/connected energy, not really god, or a religion, and she believes in reincarnation, which is different from what I think.

punky3175
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I have a Wiccan and a agnostic leaning towards atheism. The only thing I 'force' is that they must respect other people's beliefs.
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I won't allow my 7-year old to attend certain churches because I vehemently disagree with the way they scare children into believing.  However, I have taken him to church services in the past and when he reaches a certain maturity level (12-13?  I'll have to wait and see), he'll be allowed to attend whatever churches he chooses to, or none at all.

collectivecow
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM
5 moms liked this

Everyone "forces" something on their children; intentionally, or not. However, the word "force" tends to imply something negative.

Instead, I lead by example and teach my daughter about Judaism through my own actions as an adult. 

MYBABYANDI
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM

i l o ve ur answers

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM
4 moms liked this

Can I offer you some advice?

When I read your posts, the font is a pale blue.  It's difficult to read.  Honestly you should change it to something more easily readable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)