Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Illegal Immigrants Cost Taxpayers $1.6 Billion Annually

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

LA County Supervisor Michael Antonovich: Illegal Immigrants Cost Taxpayers $1.6 Billion Annually

article image

California officials estimate that $650 million in welfare benefits will be distributed to undocumented immigrant parents in Los Angeles County in 2013.

LA County Supervisor Michael Antonovich announced that more than $376 million in CalWORKs benefits and food stamps had already been given to undocumented immigrant parents for their native-born children through July. The latest figures were reported from the Department of Public Social Services.

The data indicated that LA Country distributes about $54 million in welfare payments each month. The benefits that are issued consist of nearly $20 million in CalWORKs and $34 million in food stamps.

The estimated $54 million that was issued in July 2013 is up about $1 million from the nearly $53 million in total benefits issued in July 2012. According to Antonovich, about 100,000 children of 60,000 undocumented parents receive aid in LA County, CBS Local reported.

“When you add the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year,” Antonovich said in a statement. “These costs do not even include the hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually for education.”

Sources: CBS Local, Breitbart

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

What they fail to mention is how much money undocumented workers save Americans as they work illegally for less than minimum wage and no health insurance, keeping the cost of our vegetables, ferns (for floral arrangements) and sod down. Those who work for manufacturers keep the prices of those goods down. Not that I agree that anyone should be paid slave wages. Then there are the domestic and child care workers. 

Not to mention that they spend, so they do contribute to the economy and state taxes that way.

So, someone needs to redo those numbers and get back to us. 

LAHnTAH0812
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Bahahahaha!!!!!

Can I have what you're smoking??

Quoting Seasidegirl:

What they fail to mention is how much money undocumented workers save Americans as they work illegally for less than minimum wage and no health insurance, keeping the cost of our vegetables, ferns (for floral arrangements) and sod down. Those who work for manufacturers keep the prices of those goods down. Not that I agree that anyone should be paid slave wages. Then there are the domestic and child care workers. 

Not to mention that they spend, so they do contribute to the economy and state taxes that way.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Can you refute with facts vs throwing out asinine statements? Give it a try. 

Quoting LAHnTAH0812:

Bahahahaha!!!!!

Quoting Seasidegirl:

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Quoting Seasidegirl:

I was going to ask the same.  I am a bit confused though....how does one have an "undocumented parent" that is documented receiving foodstamps?

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hell if I know. I do volunteer work with migrant farm workers in my area, and I don't know one family on public assistance. What I do know is that they will live 12 to a trailer with no indoor plumbing, work their asses off for slave wages and go without health care just to send money back home and try to make their lives better -- just like many of our ancestors did. 

Oh, they do send their kids to "our" public schools. For shame, eh? Nicest kids you'd ever want to meet. 

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting Seasidegirl:

I was going to ask the same.  I am a bit confused though....how does one have an "undocumented parent" that is documented receiving foodstamps?

LAHnTAH0812
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM
can't you use your own brain instead of requiring a biased study done by somebody else?

yknow, common sense?

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Can you refute with facts vs throwing out asinine statements? Give it a try. 

Quoting LAHnTAH0812:

Bahahahaha!!!!!

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured