Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Student strip-searched without legitimate cause

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 59 Replies

A federal court agrees that North Carolina school officials should be held accountable for the unconstitutional strip-search of a 10-year-old student.

When a student's $20 bill went missing at Union Elementary School, a female administrator, without any probable evidence to act upon, stripped a 10-year-old boy down to his underwear in search of the missing money. John Whitehead of the Rutherford Institute defended the student and he says the school violated their own guidelines.

Whitehead, John (Rutherford Institute)“I’ve looked very carefully at their guidelines,” he explains. “Everything was done wrong here in the way they treated this child, horrifying the parents, horrifying the child. Here was a young 10-year-old kid, stripped down to his underwear, not guilty of anything, but having his underwear rimmed by a female assistant principal. It was pretty harrowing.”

Whitehead says he hopes this court decision will be a shot across the bow to other schools nationwide.

“I think that in order to avoid liability and bad public relations – and the big thing is bad public relations – I hope some of these schools are going to go ahead and make some really clear policies efficiently happen,” he tells OneNewsNow. “The Fourth Amendment requires some kind of evidence of illegality before you touch people like this, and they had none here. It was just a teacher who was very unreasonable.”

He adds that the $20 bill was found in the school cafeteria under a table while the strip search was being conducted.

source
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM
4 moms liked this

They need POLICIES to tell you not to strip search 10 year olds???

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM

That administrator is a moron.  Why did nobody stop her?!

prommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM
3 moms liked this

There have been other cases like this where a student was strip searched based only on the word of another student. This is disgusting, I'd have that administrator charged with molestation.

.Bad.Wolf.
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Why did they think strip searching him was necessary anyway?! He lost $20, did they expect to find it glued to the inside of this thigh?

candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this

very disgusting.

Quoting prommy:

There have been other cases like this where a student was strip searched based only on the word of another student. This is disgusting, I'd have that administrator charged with molestation.

LizzieAnnesMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh i would be oissed
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:16 AM
5 moms liked this

These people in the public school sytem are out the fuck of control... Had that been my child - that ass't principal would have to go into hiding, because I'd beat the living daylights out of her. 

Da FUQ!

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Because they have been conditioned to believe that they can do whatever they want to with your child. All they have to do is write a policy, and it's your job to "keep up". By that time, the damage is usually done.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

That administrator is a moron.  Why did nobody stop her?!

heather77g
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM

What the heck?? First why would someone have a $20.00 bill at that age. But whether or not the $20 was misplaced, stolen, etc. they should NEVER strip a 10 year old. 

I would be highly pissed if this was my child! Or any child at that, it's completely uncalled for.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM

The POLICE can't even search a person for a $20 bill, unless that person is ALREADY under arrest. 

Quoting heather77g:

What the heck?? First why would someone have a $20.00 bill at that age. But whether or not the $20 was misplaced, stolen, etc. they should NEVER strip a 10 year old. 

I would be highly pissed if this was my child! Or any child at that, it's completely uncalled for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured