Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Rachel Maddow: 50 Years Of Mass Shootings Trend Uncovered Is Devastating.

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM
  • 134 Replies

The shooting in Navy Yard, Washington D.C., on Sept. 17 that took the lives of 12 and injured eight others was both tragic and terrifying. Unfortunately, mass shootings like this one have also become an all-to-familiar way of American life. Watch Rachel Maddow explain why it hasn’t always been that way and uncover an alarming trend at 5:20.

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes and I am gonna believe an idiot

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM
4 moms liked this

Disprove her then .

Quoting numbr1wmn:

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM
5 moms liked this

I think it shows more on you that you are not even willing to listen.  How sad and ignorant.  

Quoting numbr1wmn:

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM
3 moms liked this
No. I can post 5 right wing posts that says the opposite and you wouldn't listen either.
Quoting PrimmednPunked:

I think it shows more on you that you are not even willing to listen.  How sad and ignorant.  

Quoting numbr1wmn:

krysstizzle
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM

The opposite of what?

Did you watch the video?

Quoting numbr1wmn:

No. I can post 5 right wing posts that says the opposite and you wouldn't listen either.
Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this

You know your ignorance is showing again.  Maybe if you would actually watch the video you would see there might not be anything to argue with...

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM
3 moms liked this

No she didn't.  Yet she likes to call names right off the bat just because she doesn't like the journalist.  Very telling of her character.

Quoting krysstizzle:

The opposite of what?

Did you watch the video?

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting PrimmednPunked:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

krysstizzle
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM

That timeline is pretty devastating. 

And it is important to look at this. But I'm wondering what a timeline would look like based on other criteria besides number dead. I mean, there have been instances of intent where people were stopped from carrying out a mass murder, or where the number was "only" 8 or 10 dead, but the intent is still the same. I don't think a mass murder where "only" 5 people were killed is any less relevant. I'd like to see a timeline that documents something like that, including all of these cases. The number 12 seems a bit arbitrary to me.

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I don't need to watch it to know the liberal bias behind Maddow.  Give me a break with your ignorance

stormcris
by Christy on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM
3 moms liked this

Always has been....this country has been in one struggle or another that never reach equality since its inception...that massacre is not the earliest one ...the earliest one was in the 1700s. The frequency is more in the 1800s than now and there were far worse massacres.

Want to do something about it create a sense of equality and make the ideals of the American dream a possibility not some fairy tale.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN