Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

NFL player blasts military: ‘It doesn’t take much skill to kill someone’

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 95 Replies

ST. LOUIS – An NFL free agent caught heat on social media after posting a Tweet that could be interpreted as slighting the military.

The incident started after someone named Morgan Reed – under the Twitter handle @_Morganism_ - tweeted “Hard to believe that a player in a helmet defendin’ a football makes more money than a soldier in a helmet defendin’ his country.”

Offensive tacke Ty Nsekhe (@TY_Nsekhe) then responded, “It doesn’t take much skill to kill someone.”

That triggered a Twitter firestorm.

“The epitome of ignorance,” tweeted actor Daniel Bostic.

“The reason you have the freedom & capitalist system that allows you to make $ is directly because of their skill & sacrifice!” wrote musician Chris Loesch, who later demanded an apology.

Nsekhe, a second-year player out of Texas State, deleted the original tweet and offered an apology.

“I recognize the sacrifices these members make so that all American’s can enjoy the freedoms our soldiers have afforded us,” he tweeted. “In no way were my comments meant to demean the members of our armed forces.”

Nsekhe, a former St. Louis Ram, is now a free agent.

source

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IhartU
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM
5 moms liked this

I hate football and football players. They believe that because they can put on a ridiculous looking uniform, throw a football and dodge other players, they're so damn awesome. Probably why so many of them commit crimes- they feel they are gods and above everyone and everything else.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

What an idiot, and St. Louis sucks.

adrianaevanmom
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM
6 moms liked this
Ans it doesn't take much brains to throw a football and tackle people, either.

Idiot.
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Who cares what that idiot thinks. He's had his brains knocked about a bit much I'm sure.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM
4 moms liked this

One could easily argue it doesn't take much skill to run around chasing a football, and they get paid a ridiculous amount of money for it too. 

candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

um yes, way tooooooooo much for what they do.  I was glad to see someone put him in his place pretty quickly and he apologized.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

One could easily argue it doesn't take much skill to run around chasing a football, and they get paid a ridiculous amount of money for it too. 

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM

He obviously has very little knowledge of the military...

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM

"It doesn't take much to kill someone" ? Yikes, that's kinda scarey.

LuvmyAiden
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this

He isn't even good enough to be signed with a team and he bashes others. What an ass. There are so many great proathletes that are good people, assholes like this make them all look bad.

jllcali
by Jane on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Fucking douchebag.

I like football. It does take a certain level of athleticism that most people don't have to make it to the NFL, even for a short time. But even basic marksmanship takes more actual skill to learn than just running and tackling people, 2 year olds know how to do that. There is so much more involved in the military than just basic marksmanship, even in the infantry, which has one of the shortest AITs. (meaning the amount of time required to learn the skills required for the job).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)