Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

NFL player blasts military: ‘It doesn’t take much skill to kill someone’

Posted by   + Show Post

ST. LOUIS – An NFL free agent caught heat on social media after posting a Tweet that could be interpreted as slighting the military.

The incident started after someone named Morgan Reed – under the Twitter handle @_Morganism_ - tweeted “Hard to believe that a player in a helmet defendin’ a football makes more money than a soldier in a helmet defendin’ his country.”

Offensive tacke Ty Nsekhe (@TY_Nsekhe) then responded, “It doesn’t take much skill to kill someone.”

That triggered a Twitter firestorm.

“The epitome of ignorance,” tweeted actor Daniel Bostic.

“The reason you have the freedom & capitalist system that allows you to make $ is directly because of their skill & sacrifice!” wrote musician Chris Loesch, who later demanded an apology.

Nsekhe, a second-year player out of Texas State, deleted the original tweet and offered an apology.

“I recognize the sacrifices these members make so that all American’s can enjoy the freedoms our soldiers have afforded us,” he tweeted. “In no way were my comments meant to demean the members of our armed forces.”

Nsekhe, a former St. Louis Ram, is now a free agent.

source

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Well when he runs around making asinine comments about the skill set of our military in comparison to his skill set of chasing a ball around, his salary and stupidity are open to commentary. 

Quoting Citygirlk:

I hate when people complain about entertainers making more money than them. Dude if you have a problem with your pay take it up with congress they also make way more than you. 

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I agree with him. The lower ranking soldiers, especially the ones with the guns, do not have to be very bright. They just have to listen to orders and pull the trigger.  

AdkArmyMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM

So, your expert opinion is based upon what experience, exactly?

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I agree with him. The lower ranking soldiers, especially the ones with the guns, do not have to be very bright. They just have to listen to orders and pull the trigger.  

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Stupidity comes in many different uniforms.

As much as I love football, and believe me, I do, they make far too much money.  All athletes do.

They know this.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I think I see, in a strange, round about way, what you are saying.  But by no means should your statement be a general one, encompassing every soldier, every branch and so on.

There are those in the military who lack in many areas, just as in any other field and wearing any other uniform.  That is called life.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting -Kris-:

Professional athletes get paid way too much to chase a ball around. 

While I agree they are indeed paid too much, there is much more involved than simply chasing a ball around.

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Well... we all know how SMART most athletes are.... I think he needs to be drafted so he can experience the military first hand. :)

-Kris-
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting -Kris-:

Professional athletes get paid way too much to chase a ball around. 

While I agree they are indeed paid too much, there is much more involved than simply chasing a ball around.

LOL, I know. 

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Pro athletes make too much damn money and colleges waste too much damn money on sports.  Why do some college coaches make a $1M salary or more?  

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM
His comment was a response to a tweet about football players salaries. While I'm not defending him, he didn't start the conversation.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Well when he runs around making asinine comments about the skill set of our military in comparison to his skill set of chasing a ball around, his salary and stupidity are open to commentary. 

Quoting Citygirlk:

I hate when people complain about entertainers making more money than them. Dude if you have a problem with your pay take it up with congress they also make way more than you. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)