Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

NFL player blasts military: ‘It doesn’t take much skill to kill someone’

Posted by   + Show Post

ST. LOUIS – An NFL free agent caught heat on social media after posting a Tweet that could be interpreted as slighting the military.

The incident started after someone named Morgan Reed – under the Twitter handle @_Morganism_ - tweeted “Hard to believe that a player in a helmet defendin’ a football makes more money than a soldier in a helmet defendin’ his country.”

Offensive tacke Ty Nsekhe (@TY_Nsekhe) then responded, “It doesn’t take much skill to kill someone.”

That triggered a Twitter firestorm.

“The epitome of ignorance,” tweeted actor Daniel Bostic.

“The reason you have the freedom & capitalist system that allows you to make $ is directly because of their skill & sacrifice!” wrote musician Chris Loesch, who later demanded an apology.

Nsekhe, a second-year player out of Texas State, deleted the original tweet and offered an apology.

“I recognize the sacrifices these members make so that all American’s can enjoy the freedoms our soldiers have afforded us,” he tweeted. “In no way were my comments meant to demean the members of our armed forces.”

Nsekhe, a former St. Louis Ram, is now a free agent.

source

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, because football requires such mental acumen. what a maroon. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh, doesn't make it right. So in his infinite level of maturity and discretion, he chooses military personnel and compares their prowess at killing people? Sorry, cry me a river. (this is in response to his comments not yours)

Quoting canadianmom1974:

His comment was a response to a tweet about football players salaries. While I'm not defending him, he didn't start the conversation.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Well when he runs around making asinine comments about the skill set of our military in comparison to his skill set of chasing a ball around, his salary and stupidity are open to commentary. 

Quoting Citygirlk:

I hate when people complain about entertainers making more money than them. Dude if you have a problem with your pay take it up with congress they also make way more than you. 

Coconutty4Hubby
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM
I'm sure the military forgives him... We love football, it's American. Hopefully this free agent realizes the error of his ways!
Ps. Freedom of speech. Is why our soldiers fought so bravely. Don't take it away from this ignorant guy.
Coconutty4Hubby
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Oh and football does take skill, look at the Miami Dolphins game. Last 40 seconds and Tannehill throws a perfect pass and TOUCHDOWN DOLPHINS!
Made my retired Msgt. Dad and my enlisted brother and husband jump up and down and scream and holler out of joy.
They were losing the whole game, too. Just goes to show, it is skill. They practice hard, they get hit hard, they make the big bucks. It's a shame they make millions more than the military.
heather77g
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM

what a total moron!

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM
No it doesn't make it right, but what exactly was the original tweeter doing? Using his level of maturity and discretion to whine about someone using their skill set to make money.

Not everyone has the skill set to be in the military, but then again not everyone has the skill set to play in the NFL.

If an NFL player opens himself up to criticism by his comments, so does the original tweeter.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Eh, doesn't make it right. So in his infinite level of maturity and discretion, he chooses military personnel and compares their prowess at killing people? Sorry, cry me a river. (this is in response to his comments not yours)

Quoting canadianmom1974:

His comment was a response to a tweet about football players salaries. While I'm not defending him, he didn't start the conversation.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Well when he runs around making asinine comments about the skill set of our military in comparison to his skill set of chasing a ball around, his salary and stupidity are open to commentary. 

Quoting Citygirlk:

I hate when people complain about entertainers making more money than them. Dude if you have a problem with your pay take it up with congress they also make way more than you. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Yep.

Quoting adrianaevanmom:

Ans it doesn't take much brains to throw a football and tackle people, either.

Idiot.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I don't have much respect for professional athletes to begin with, and this just diminishes it even further. I think they're all overpaid. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

You're right but since he's in the public eye he may want to develop some thicker skin. As soon as he effs up on the field or does ...well damn near anything the public deems idiotic, he's going to be the recipient of harsh criticism. Just as we open ourselves up to commentary every time we post on CM, it's all how we choose to respond.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

No it doesn't make it right, but what exactly was the original tweeter doing? Using his level of maturity and discretion to whine about someone using their skill set to make money.

Not everyone has the skill set to be in the military, but then again not everyone has the skill set to play in the NFL.

If an NFL player opens himself up to criticism by his comments, so does the original tweeter.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting Citygirlk:

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Oh for sure he does. Plus I think they both need to realize twitter isn't private, it's not a chit chat between friends, and people will call you out on your (general) bs.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

You're right but since he's in the public eye he may want to develop some thicker skin. As soon as he effs up on the field or does ...well damn near anything the public deems idiotic, he's going to be the recipient of harsh criticism. Just as we open ourselves up to commentary every time we post on CM, it's all how we choose to respond.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)