Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

NFL player blasts military: ‘It doesn’t take much skill to kill someone’

Posted by   + Show Post

ST. LOUIS – An NFL free agent caught heat on social media after posting a Tweet that could be interpreted as slighting the military.

The incident started after someone named Morgan Reed – under the Twitter handle @_Morganism_ - tweeted “Hard to believe that a player in a helmet defendin’ a football makes more money than a soldier in a helmet defendin’ his country.”

Offensive tacke Ty Nsekhe (@TY_Nsekhe) then responded, “It doesn’t take much skill to kill someone.”

That triggered a Twitter firestorm.

“The epitome of ignorance,” tweeted actor Daniel Bostic.

“The reason you have the freedom & capitalist system that allows you to make $ is directly because of their skill & sacrifice!” wrote musician Chris Loesch, who later demanded an apology.

Nsekhe, a second-year player out of Texas State, deleted the original tweet and offered an apology.

“I recognize the sacrifices these members make so that all American’s can enjoy the freedoms our soldiers have afforded us,” he tweeted. “In no way were my comments meant to demean the members of our armed forces.”

Nsekhe, a former St. Louis Ram, is now a free agent.

source

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM
He sucks.
fireangel5
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM

He simply showed his ignorance. 

KenneMaw
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, he just dug himself a little grave, career wise.   Anyone that honors an athlete over a soldier is ridiculous and needs to examine their priorities.

Wicked.Jester
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

If thats true then how come his friends in the hood miss their targets and hit innocent people all the time?

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM
3 moms liked this

I think we should put him in a uniform, give him a gun and drop him at a forward base for about 6 months......have him get back to us.

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I think we should put him in a uniform, give him a gun and drop him at a forward base for about 6 months......have him get back to us.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Sigh. Moron. He deserved every bit of backlash he got. 

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

He'd be confused when he got a scrape and didn't have an entire medical team rush over to fix his boo boo. 

Quoting yourspecialkid:

jllcali
by Jane on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Even basic marksmanship takes more skill than running and tackling.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I agree with him. The lower ranking soldiers, especially the ones with the guns, do not have to be very bright. They just have to listen to orders and pull the trigger.  

jllcali
by Jane on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:33 AM
The genius boy who made the comment was a defensive tackle. Not a highly skilled position.

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Oh and football does take skill, look at the Miami Dolphins game. Last 40 seconds and Tannehill throws a perfect pass and TOUCHDOWN DOLPHINS!

Made my retired Msgt. Dad and my enlisted brother and husband jump up and down and scream and holler out of joy.

They were losing the whole game, too. Just goes to show, it is skill. They practice hard, they get hit hard, they make the big bucks. It's a shame they make millions more than the military.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN