Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is this a trend??? Insane? Definitely not normal!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 42 Replies

What constitutes insanity to you?  She has obviously got some real issues.  What do you think her punishment should be?

Ohio cancer scheme suspect wants to plead insanity

Associated Press

NEWARK, OHIO: A central Ohioan accused of faking a cancer diagnosis for her 4-year-old son is pursuing an insanity plea on a child endangerment charge.

Authorities allege 31-year-old Emily Creno of Utica shaved her son’s head in a scheme that bilked people out of donations and convinced him and others he was dying.

Creno’s attorney wants a competency evaluation for her and has filed a motion seeking to enter a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity. He argues Creno has a history of mental illness and didn’t know her actions were criminal.

A prosecutor tells the Columbus Dispatch he thinks Creno tried to cover up lies with some of her actions.

Creno was arrested earlier this month. Her next hearing in a Licking County court is scheduled Oct. 31.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Munchausen by Proxy. Of course this is insane. Yes, it's child abuse.

No punishment will ever treat any mental health issue.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I thought this woman did it because of a divorce? Didn't someone on here claim to know her and said it was because of custody or divorce?

jllcali
by Jane on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Only if being a complete asshole is the definition of insanity.
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM

The reason for her insanity's trigger doesn't make it less insane.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I thought this woman did it because of a divorce? Didn't someone on here claim to know her and said it was because of custody or divorce?

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM

It could if she only did this to get back at her ex-dh. 

Quoting LindaClement:

The reason for her insanity's trigger doesn't make it less insane.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

“No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” 
― Elie Wiesel

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I could see wanting money and defrauding people. You go insane when you convince your kid they are dying. That's pretty freaking insane.

prommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM
5 moms liked this

Not every bad action is a result of insanity. I think she found an "easy" way out of her problems because she didn't think she'd get caught. I am the mother of a son who was on chemo for 3 1/2 years fighting real cancer and I have ZERO sympathy for this woman. Her actions were not  taken because she had/has a psychological disorder...big difference between pretending your child is sick so you can be a hero and save him, which is a sickness, and pretending your child is dying so you can solve your financial problems.

-Kris-
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you.  I think she should lose her son. 

Quoting prommy:

Not every bad action is a result of insanity. I think she found an "easy" way out of her problems because she didn't think she'd get caught. I am the mother of a son who was on chemo for 3 1/2 years fighting real cancer and I have ZERO sympathy for this woman. Her actions were not  taken because she had/has a psychological disorder...big difference between pretending your child is sick so you can be a hero and save him, which is a sickness, and pretending your child is dying so you can solve your financial problems.

rfurlongg
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
There is legal insanity and psychological insanity. I have no doubt she is psychologically unhealthy. Healthy people do not what she did. Proving she is insane in a legal defense is a whole other ball game and I doubt she will be able to pull it off. Though she is insane, she is still clearly and psychologicsl danger to others. Insanity does not equal innocence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Light.Shine
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

wow.  That is terrible.  I feel really sorry for her children and hope they are able to get loving caregivers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)