Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O: Let's pretend...

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 59 Replies

...that humans never made bad decisions. Let's pretend, for a moment, that we aren't emotional beings, that we never made decisions based purely on love, that humans relied on absolutely nothing but logic to dictate daily decisions and affairs.  Let's pretend that is actually possible.

1) Does that kind of world sound appealing to you?

2) Do you think that a world like that is actually possible? Do you believe that humans are capable of that?

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM
3 moms liked this
No and no. That eliminates the humanity from us, what makes us humane. If the world were like that we would force abortion after so many births cuz logically its the best thing to do with overpopulation and crap. We would euthanize all animals in pounds and humane society cuz logically, that is the more effective thing to do. Etc
kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Sounds like cybermen (Doctor Who for those who aren't fans).
SyllabaryBisque
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Nope, doesn't sound appealing to me. There's actually a young adult fiction book about it called Delirium. Pretty good read.
survivorinohio
by René on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:57 PM
5 moms liked this

We would be Vulcans.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
We wouldn't be humans, we would be robots or droids then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:05 PM
3 moms liked this

No I wouldn't want to life in a world like that.  My past mistakes are part of what made me who I am today.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Sorry, this is about BC isn't it? From the other post. To me, you either use it or you don't. That's pretty damn black and white. I know that 80% of BC failures happen to women on this site but let's be realistic. Having a child in this day and age in America is a choice. Either an active or inactive one.

krysstizzle
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I can definitely agree with this, I feel very much the same way. I have no regrets for the choices I've made in my life, just for choices I didn't make. (so far ;) )

Quoting Peanutx3:

No I wouldn't want to life in a world like that.  My past mistakes are part of what made me who I am today.

PrimmednPunked
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Have you seen the movie Equilibrium?  That should answer your questions. 

krysstizzle
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Yes to the red highlights. 

So you believe that only logic, no emtion, can (or should? both?) dictate certain decsions in life? Do you believe that's actually possible for all humans? 

Quoting furbabymum:

Sorry, this is about BC isn't it? From the other post. To me, you either use it or you don't. That's pretty damn black and white. I know that 80% of BC failures happen to women on this site but let's be realistic. Having a child in this day and age in America is a choice. Either an active or inactive one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN