Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who Do You Blame For Closing Down The Government

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:07 AM
  • 146 Replies

It's our opionion's, so hopefully no bashing. I just want to know, who you blame for closing down the government?

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SyllabaryBisque
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:09 AM
9 moms liked this
All involved parties. The House. The Senate. President Obama. All of them.
DixieL
by Dixie on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:13 AM
22 moms liked this

I blame the house. Everyone knew that Hillary and President Obama, wanted health care for the American people, and they voted for him. The Senate voted for Obamacare. The House voted for it. It went to the Supreme Court and it was upheld. With everyone knowing about Obamacare, he was voted into office for his second term. I didn't believe for a second that the House would really close down the government. I was wrong. They would do anything to get their way, and if they don't get their way, to me it proves, that they don't care anything about the American People. I just pray that they don't stay out for long. I heard that some of them, said this was just a paid vacation for them. This is my opinion. Don't bash me for mine and I won't bash you for your opinion.

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this
The government! All of them
slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this
All involved parties. They bicker worse than kindergarteners. They kept passing "band-aid laws" to push back the deadline for all this instead of actually trying to fix it.
punky3175
by Punky on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Congress.
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:10 AM
10 moms liked this
The president has nothing to do with the shut down

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

All involved parties. The House. The Senate. President Obama. All of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:10 AM
7 moms liked this
Republicans

They wanted the shut down and they got it

John Boehner
Phone 202-225-0600

Fax 202-225-5117

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:13 AM
7 moms liked this
Republicans have wanted a government shutdown since before President Obama took office and none epitomize that as much as Michele Bachmann, because she’s crazy that’s why. Before it was reported tonight that House Republicans voted once more to defund Obamacare, while risking America’s economy, Michele Bachmann said she was “very excited” about the prospect.

She further said, “It’s exactly what we wanted, and we got it.”

And she wasn’t alone.

Rep. John Abney (R-Texas) said, “It’s wonderful,” while clapping his hands to emphasize the point. “We’re 100 percent united!”
Culberson added, “Ulysses S. Grant said, ‘Quit worrying about what Bobby Lee’s doing and let’s focus on what we are doing, We are focusing on what we need to do and not worrying about what the other guy is going to do. .?.?. That’s how Ulysses S. Grant won the war.”

The Washington Post reports, “Outside groups that lifted many of these lawmakers into office praised Saturday’s move as the kind of action that had originally drawn their support. Jenny Beth Martin, national coordinator for the Tea Party Patriots, on Saturday applauded Republicans “for their courage and their refusal to be cowed by the Senate and the president.”

More on Bachmann.

In an interview published today on the conspiracy-theory-happy website WorldNetDaily, Rep. Michele Bachmann likens President Obama to a crack dealer, accusing him of trying to “get Americans addicted to the crack cocaine of dependency on more government health care.”

Right wing watch reports, “The Minnesota congresswoman, who has alleged that Obamacare denies healthcare to conservatives, implements death panels and “literally kills” people, even tried to link health insurance exchanges to supposed ACORN-esque voter fraud in which non-existent people will sign up for insurance to make money.”

That’s a small example of today’s Republican Party. Their pathetic display of juvenility will harm others. The lunatics are running the asylum.

The GOP: Party first, country last.

Remember this in 2014.

There’s a lot more here.

Call John Boehner 202-225-0600 tell him to get back to work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoscott
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Congress.  Until their compensation is affected personally--and it isn't--they will continue to posture and get nothing done.  

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:33 AM
7 moms liked this

The Koch-funded tea party caucus of Republicans in congress, for playing "I'm extremier than thou", and scaring the moderate Republicans into thinking they have to go along with this, or face challenges for their seats from more extreme Republicans.

They can claim "We're doing this as a matter of principle, insuring those without health care is just one step too far", but how can they claim this is a more extreme situation than, for example, Vietnam, or Civil Rights, which bitterly divided the politics of the time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured